cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Can Industrial Polution Affect Agriculture Production?

Jump to solution

A person told me that he has 68 acres of a land for farming, he was getting much outcome from every crops from the beginning but, 3 years ago an industrial area was developed nearby his farm. Now he noticed that his crops are not producing crops are 1-2 year before. Can anyone suggest, does industries affect agriculture production.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Can Industrial Polution Affect Agriculture Production?

Jump to solution

Are they high water use industries ?????? Soil tests now as compared too when he started cropping ????? Dust issues [roads or emmisions from plant ?????  More questions than awnsers !!!   John

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Yes they are high water using industries, and also too much dust & smoke from it. You are right i should collect more information about it.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution
I believe there is a great misunderstanding among the general public when it comes to "High water use" industries. Many people think those individual factories actual consume the water within their manufacturing process and that after this procedure the water is simply lost and therefore depleted. Most of these facilities use the water as a cooling agent through a certain type of open or closed cooling system where the water generally gets ran through the system anywhere from 2 to 4 times before it gets discharged to a large tank, holding pond or even a municipality sewar system. Yes these facilities are large users, but they aren't large consumers. Is there a difference? Who are we to judge, many of those employees and investors say irrigation is a waste of a precious resource as well.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestion

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

The term "industrial" is rather broad in potential effects.

Can you tell us what industry the plant is in?

0 Kudos