Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Contributor

Can't sell flooded grain

According to the Iowa Dept of Ag, if your crop was flooded over the height of the grain, you can't use it for anything that goes into feed, and that includes ethanol because of the DDG.  My brother in law has some beans he's going to have to disk up.

Does insurance or disaster relief help out in this situation?

Here's an Iowa State paper on this.

0 Kudos