cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m-6
Visitor

Crop Management Software

I"m looking for a crop management software for my farm.  We don't utilize GPS at this point in time, and I'm not sure that we will be any time soon.  I have a 85 cow dairy farm, and we also farm almost 500 acres of Corn, Alfalfa, Soybeans, grass hay, and wheat most years. 

Ideally, I'd like to be able to record manure applications for nutrient/manure mangement purposes from a variety of manure sources (Pit, heifer bedded pack, steers, dry cows, etc.).  I'd also like to be able to track pesticide applications, planting info (dates, varieties, populations, etc), and also input yield data into it.  Everything would be manually inputted - I'm just looking for some software that would help us to manage things all in one place if possible. 

Thanks for any advice. 

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Crop Management Software

I've used Farmworks for a few years and it does everything that you stated. I'm not using it to its full potential, but I plan on utilizing more features in 2014. If you ever decide to enter into the world do precision or GPS this software works well for that as well. I know you said you didn't have any immediate plans of updating to GPS, but I will add that once you do you will wish you'd have done it years sooner. I was a hard sell for this at first too, but gave in a purchased a entry level steering system about 5 years ago. I only used the basic components for 1 year, after that I was sold. I've updated a little each year and plan to keep doing so until I'm using the latest systems and components. All the sales hype you hear is probably true, especially the part of reduced operator fatigue. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
vguntars
Visitor

Re: Crop Management Software

Hi @Shaggy98,

I know it's been a looooong time ago since you posted this, but still, I would like to leave my reply here Smiley Happy.

I was managing  6000+ acres for several dairies here in California. At the time I was in your "shoes", looking for a tool which would help me to manage my farmland.

For some time I was trying several application, but unfortunately, I did not feel very comfortable with any of them, so I decided to prototype something myself Smiley Happy.

And fast forward....., in 2021 I finalized and lunched AgNote.

AgNote was practically created on the field from within a pickup truck Smiley Happy. At first AgNote was specifically designed for row crops, but now it also included Permanent Crop management area.

AgNote makes it very easy to manage planting, create / plan new ones, record irrigations, planting inputs and yields.

AgNote provides many predefined reports and we will create new ones as you request. You can do field mapping in AgNote and much more.

@Shaggy98 , if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know, I'll be happy to help. 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos