cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Dicamba In The Crosshairs

Bayer may get farmers to quit complaining about dicamba by making dicamba tolerant beans the best yielding, but they are going to have much less traction and many fewer options when the tree huggers get fired up.  And the campaign is underway.  Here is just one salvo.

http://www.harvestpublicmedia.org/post/drifting-weedkiller-puts-prized-trees-risk?utm_source=feedbur...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Dicamba In The Crosshairs

Tree  huggers  -    when  -  seems  to  be  now,  and  does  the  so  called  new  treatment  end  up  like  the  last  silver  bullet  treatment  we  are  witnessing  now -  maybe  ?

And  of  course  my  beans  out  yield  - yours -  always  ?       

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

just been way to much abuse on use of

The dicamba products.

darn farmers are treating the stuff as a year around product, soooo that creates the drift problems...it's rather Obvious that when dicamba is banned..well there will not be out of season drift then.

back when farmers Cared...the dicamba products were safe.

farmers no longer Care, and it Shows.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: just been way to much abuse on use of

ya take that.......

(blaming the victim)

Keep the blame and the focus on the real problem...... Why are we looking at a 50 year old chemical to solve problems??

We have insanity regulating in DC

I can't get over how we all run around thinking the sun that came up this morning is all new and different.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: just been way to much abuse on use of

I know that We always shutoff spraying banvel long before the 1st cutting of alfalfa started to bloom.

that was 40 or so years ago.   And We have never changed from Carefull practices like that.

Sooo I'm wondering how farmers have gotten so Stupid and Careless now times.

and I also wonder why there's even issues re use of chemicals from 50 years ago.

0 Kudos