cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masonry1
Friend

Drainage Tile

Any ideas on where to purchase drainage tile (large quantites)?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
tractor12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Drainage Tile

Depends where you live. Google drainage tile and pinpoint your area.  Prinsco , Fratco, Springfield Tile in central Illinois, and Timewell tile in western Illinois. Lots of companies in Iowa and indiana as well. Good luck , you should not have any trouble getting some now but then can you get thru the frost?

idalivered
Advisor

Prinsco and ADS will deliver. the truck loads we get are 6 rolls. There is ADS  warehouse in eagle grove iowa. if you call prinsco, their salesman will set you up. They have warehouses in ft. dodge iowa and one in minnesota, that i know of.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

What tile equipment did you end up with John? Are You happy with your investment and the job it does?

0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

I've had a backhoe and one of those old vermeer pt-12 trenchers for years. Got a laser for it at least 10 years ago. put lots of branches in, did good work, but way too slow. I've had a neighbor with a johnson plow do some work for me off and on over several years. This fall a young neighbor and i rented a johnson tile plow and used my laser. My big concern was if i could pull it, but that went better than I thought.  We seemd to be able to get along, and I bought a newer johnson plow ((little used) on a farm sale. My young partner is willing to invest in the satellite guided grade control because he already has the rtk and is part way there anyway. I'm willing to be flexible on whose we do just to have the help. We only got about 6000 feet in for him after anhydrous, but was happy with the arrangement. we can do some of mine next year. that's more than you asked for, but the WHOLE story.  As to your question.... i got this plow at what i thought was a very reasonable price. we had the other stuff and I've had enough experience to make water run downhill. every foot of tile is money well-spent.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

My tenant bought a new Gold digger with the intellislope. He put in 7000 ft for me last spring and i am plannibg on doing a grat deal more as money permits. 1st I authorised him to put in a 15" main though a hill to provide abetter outlet. It is only 1000 ft long so it won't be too costly. He was going to do this last fall but he ran out of time.

It would be better to run a new main west directly to the river, but that would cost about 60K to do that but it would be a much better outlet. I need to tile about 100 acres or a bit more.

0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Contributor

Here is some tiling I did in the spring of 2010P1000422.JPGP1000440.JPGP1000445.JPG.

0 Kudos