cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike popham

Fert supplier says Potash prices will be high in fall, advises buy/apply this spring.

Anyone else been told that it might be wise to buy/apply Potash this spring instead of waiting until fall due to potential exceptionally high prices because of shortage ? This comes from a respected manager that knows full well that if he gets caught lying we'll transfer a very large acct to competitor. Just curious what others have been hearing.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dagwud
Senior Contributor

Re: Fert supplier says Potash prices will be high in fall, advises buy/apply this spring.

I'm also concerned about high fertilizer prices come fall.  I'm trying to decide how much NH3 I want to prepay for for use this fall.  My dealer is asking $775 a ton with a 25% down payment now and the balance due in August.  If you do not get it applied this fall they will charge you $10 a ton for storage till spring.  He said he told me on the phone he would have to call in to check on current prices when I come over to prepay as the cost changes almost daily.

Curious what prices others are seeing and how many are looking at buying their 2012 crop inputs early?

0 Kudos