cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Fertilizer Prices

Going into Mason yesterday, gloom  and doom on WHOs Big Show.  I see Brakke with their huge inventory...you know they are about the only "single store" John Deere dealer i know of, then that huge Red Power Hinton guy, that shop is so impressive the floor is cleaner than many restaurants Smiley Happy  i`m not worried about either one, they seem to have a money printing press out back.

Sooner or later they are going to have to go back to their bread and butter of repair income.  The days of farmers trading up can`t contine if we`re going towards a "$3 corn $8 beans" period.   Things were getting pretty frothy, a guy I know was looking for a mid size used tractor, he gets to the dealer and used is almost new price so spontaniously he just says "Aw piss on it!  I want the new one"...I thing those days are in our rearview mirror for awhile.

With dentists, i have crappy teeth and get a couple capped every year.  But I have the best dentist in the world hands down, he is painless.  I have dental insurance, which really pays for me, but the ins co is probably wishing they didn`t have to cover me  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I like you guys thinking --- that prices may come down - but if I had to guess and thats what this is - then I will go with they stay the same to going up -- not down - to many varibablies out there - like - just how much the plants are sitting on ? How much did they get it brought for ? Remember they got burned pretty bad a few years ago - and as us - sort of seen this coming this time - so they maybe be short on supply - better to be short ! then they are in control !!!! Not us - like that happens very often . You guys in Iowa know better than me - how much fall N was applied ? same for northern IL . from what I have read - not much - then everybody will be srambleing to put it on = shortage - remember there is only so many trucks that can haul it and places to store it .

Anyway - thats my 2 cents worth this Saturday morning  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well Ken, not much gas was put on last fall, cause it was high priced and corn was sub $3 awhile not conducive to spending money. The reason I think prices on fertilizer is going down is cause I bought mine Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Blacksand,what an novel idea,to bad farmers can't do the same,you know fallow just enough to put proper inputs in the production acres while ideling enough to change the pricing outlook!Ithink 7-10% would blow everyones mind what the market reaction would be!

0 Kudos