cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Hey JCC

How about the real scoop from your area ?? lol ---Know don't be like them doom and gloom Iowa guys -- OK 

I talked to Duke this morning and he lives around Shawano and he was getting POUNDED - heavy rain -- Aren't you up there around Bill and Kinghere ?

Lee said over all for what he's been threw - his corn don't look to bad , that a good thing .

But I know your in the heart of the milk and honey up there an would give me a honest anwser .

have a good weekend John !

Ken

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JCCWIS
Senior Contributor

Re: Hey JCC

Ken...Reporting from the  " Land of milk and honey ". Only received 1 1/2 " this morning...puts the water table at about 1/2" higher than ground level !!

Spencer Wi.  Jenny's farm address just South of here reported 3".

King and I are located somewhat close....Bill , on the other hand , lives much closer to God than I do. Happy Valley I believe he calls it.

Duke farms in sand country , I think. His ground warms up more by 10:00 am than mine does by July 4th. Well , that may be a stretch, he farms over 25 or 30 mile distance....probably has many soil types.

Crop report...Half my corn looks OK stand wise....not tall enough to show up on a pic yet !!  The other half should have been replanted...kind of a Shaggy type population !!  BTW...acre wise I am talking 3 acres each. Prevent planted all the rest ! PP is a Fed. Crop Insurance thing....you know...the whimpy cat thing !  Best corn in this area...Mennonite neighbor has some tiled ground..corn is approaching knee high on a midget !!

Thats it...thats all I've got. Over and out....John

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Hey, don't be knocking my corn, it's almost 5' tall. LOL
0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Thanks JCC == I knew I could count on you !!  Sounds like you guys are off to a great start !

Just shaken my head here over the kitty cat approach to planting -- I'm just say'n here - how are we suppose to feed the world and our people with this type of attitude ?  Money versus starving people ?  You young people ! lol 

I guess that its up to me , bins and shaggy's half stand and we both know how far that will go - to carry the load - while you and jenny goof off and take trips to who knows where .

Anyway , I'm going to send you a PM - the little letter on the top right side under advance , lol

have a good one !

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Ok quick question, since my "Half Stand" of corn seems to be of interest to all. If the areas that burned up in drought last year would have planted a half stand, would we have had any more or any less on the national yield?
0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Rolling my eye's here --- Ok - lets put this way shag -- what would make more --- 15,000 with 3 kernels on it or 30,000 with 3 kernels  ? Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

3 kernels, that's about what we have on this site. Oh wait a minute, that would be Colonel. LOL
0 Kudos
JCCWIS
Senior Contributor

Shaggy....Please work with me in trying to eduacate Ken on being the new K- State.  I'm trying to get him to adjust his pop. to better suit the moisture he has available. No longer can he depend on his 14 ft. of topsoil to produce those 240 bu. yields. Now in the new K-State he has to dig a hole to see how much water is available...... may have to retune the Kinze from that 34200 - 35700 range down too , oh ,   maybe 19750 - 21650 range. That might be more inline with your Kansas pops. He's young....should be able to change over time !!!

Just back from the day job...fed the critters in the rain again!! This is really getting OLD !    John

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

I hear you JCC.  Someone told me that things used to be so wet in Eastern Indiana that rural water lines weren't even necessary.  I mean they said they would just bury a water hydrant about 10 feet below the surface and the water would just free flow through the hydrant.  Now that they are the "New Kansas" they're all talking about running water lines and having to drill deep water wells to the depth of say 20' to find that same water.  I bet the coffee shop gossip is thinking "Backyard Oil" has moved in to produce a few more episode's not realizing these are water well trucks and not oil well drillers.  ROTF

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

That's alright - you 2  just keep making fun of us down here !  but this is some serious chit here ! Shaggy was right - back when I was a young guy - when we would change pastures for the cows -we would set the water tank and then just drive   a pipe with the hydrant on in about 2 foot and that was it --- water !   Know we have to dig down to 65 to 80 feet in some spots - do you 2 smartazz's know how long that takes to do with a spade and shovel / No I didn't think so !

But I not that way and only hope for the best for you two !

0 Kudos