cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Hobby, Bindweeds...

Remember our conversation a few months ago about what we need to use to kill Bindweeds in Kansas? I didn't take the time to search the archives to refresh our memory, but I received my post wheat harvest burndown recs from my agronomist and he is getting real aggressive with the T22K. Looks like he has seen about enough of them as well. The biggest drawback of this chemical is crop rotation, I'm limited to either wheat or milo next season. Shouldn't be that much of an issue for me, I generally no-till milo into all my wheat stubble. If I remember, I'll take some before and after pics.

On a different note, I received anywhere from .4" to .55" rain a couple days ago, your Kansas acres fortunate enough to receive any?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
nutlug
Veteran Contributor

Re: Hobby, Bindweeds...

We have had our best luck controlling with a tank mix of Gly and either 24D or Banvel or both several times after wheat harvest and make sure to make an application in the late fall before a killing freeze when the bindweed is storing up reserves in its root system.  Follow up during the spring crop growing season with Banvel before the milo gets over 8" tall.  Several years of no-till and aggressive spraying wil shrink your bindweed circles significantly.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Hobby, Bindweeds...

Nut lug, I don't have circles, I've got spheres. LOL 2014 will be my 3rd year into no-till and hopefully I'll start to see results. I've already noticed an improvement with the growing fall crops, but there is still room for more.
0 Kudos