cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: How's Planting Going?

No planting in southern Ohio. Drove past a couple fields planted in central OH. Still very wet in my area. BTW, the way my rotation is this year my corn is on rented ground that stays wet. I'm thinking of starting beans on some well drained ground tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Around east-central Iowa along I-80, planting is starting in earnest.  Many in the field and many more getting ready.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Kacey, I am assuming you are talking about soybean seed treatments? All of my corn was fully treated. I had the seed company treat my soybeans with fungicide and I bought inoculant to add to the seed as it goes into the planter box. Lots of corn going into the ground here with improved weather. I finished corn planting and will start planting soybeans today. Still plenty of guys planting corn here, but I farm fairly small.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Blacksand....Just finished corn here....N.Cent Wi. Sometimes feels good to be STO..LOL  Beans will wait week too 10 days.

Supposed to hit 70'ies for next week or so with some rain next week.....Life is good!!!!!

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yes - good luck with planting soybeans!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Loaves and fishes.

The high priced seed stretched and for the first time ever I finished the corn in April, got a 5 gallon pail of seed left...about $120 worth Smiley Happy

It was dusty field conditions, never spun a wheel, areas that usually are cautious about getting sticky or stuck were good.  The soil worked up like a bag of potting soil.

After a crappy last year and 2013 planting from hell, this year almost makes up for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the updates, everyone! It's always interesting to hear what other folks are saying. Check out these planting update slideshows as well!

Midwest Planting Update

Minnesota Corn Planting Outracing Average...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

SW ---- we are almost half way on the corn.......   TOOOOOO WET for a couple of days ........ Thought I'd never live long enough to see it.......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

All of my corn is V3 or better. Have some beans up enough to row them as well. I was really kicking the neighbors' butts when this old dinosaur of a bean planter fell through. 30 acres were left to finish but took quite a while to dig her out. Both my 955s and a big rubber tire loader all chained together finally did the trick. Now I have half a pond dug in the corner!
image.jpg
image.jpg
0 Kudos