Senior Advisor

Kansas Wheat Harvest Photos

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_5651.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg

IMG_7663.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

Just a few pictures of the Shaggy farm in harvest swing.  This was a bitter sweet harvest, it was my mom's 50th year behind the wheel of the grain truck, but it was our first harvest since the passing of my dad.

Our moto was "Dedicate the first load to dad, and spend the rest of harvest with a smile on your face and a tear in your eye".  Seems simple, but it helped all of us through to the end.

8 Replies
hanktbd
Senior Contributor

Re: Kansas Wheat Harvest Photos

Shaggy,

Thanks for the great crop and harvest pictures. Looks like your Dad left a wonderful legacy.

0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

Looks like a new combine. How many acres you get to put through that one?
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Thanks for the compliment 89. This combine is 13 years old, but it is my newest piece of equipment. Your compliment makes me feel good about all the hours I spend cleaning and polishing it during the offseason. A few months ago I wasn't trying to brag about me having the oldest but best cared for and maintained line of equipment in my area. As far as acres per year, it's around 700-750.
0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

Shaggy, we're there 60-100 bushel areas east of you? I read a report about yields like that published July 1. Sounded like bullcrap
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Haven't heard of anything over 50.  I would say BS, but who am I to judge.

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Great pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Good -- happy ----- but also sad story , But dad was right there with all of you -- see how the sun was shinning .

0 Kudos
Bugeye
Senior Contributor

Shaggy, I heard there were really good yields east and north of you. 70-100. I made a parts run over that way a few days ago and I'd say that's right. Lot of bad wheat here. Been hearing lots of 5 to 20 but some 70 on summerfallow in the right place.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

I hope you guys are correct, 50 is the best we had and my neighbors said right around 50 was some of their better stuff as well. One of these years we're gonna nail it, just as well be next year. Wait, I think I said that last year too.
0 Kudos