WCMO
Senior Advisor

Palmer

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Palmer

That CRP mix took it into Iowa and Minnesota, it got caught behind the 8-ball some states didn`t label it as a noxious week, which had seed label confusion.   I look at these super weeds, they wouldn`t have happened if we still sprayed Banvel/Accent type tankmixes and cultivated twice, but you can`t farm the whole county if you have to cultivate.  But now we see the trade off and the bill coming due.

image.pnghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/52/75/d3/5275d399150b8425c39f4cf7bb38dae0.jpg

0 Kudos
JimMeade
Veteran Advisor

CRP is maybe the worst place for this stuff to erupt.  Who is watching the CRP plot, especially if the landlord is distant?  Scary

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Interesting read - But will add one thing - I had heard that it can be spread by chicken manure from the Southern States - They dry it - or pelletize it and ship North for organic farming -  Like I said - this was just what I heard , makes since though .

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Why does all this ornery stuff come out of the south?  They better not drag their Kudzu up here and they can keep their Zika mosquitos  🙂 

Here`s a Jerry Clower story about "porcupine eggs"  🙂

Beware of porcupine egg salesmen

Jerry Clower once told the story about Newgene Ledbetter — the meanest of the fabled Ledbetter clan — and his trip to the 4-H Round-up in Chicago.

He said Newgene came home with a bunch of $1 bills. His daddy grabbed a brush to spank his son and said, “Newgene, you’ve done robbed a bank.”

“I ain’t done no such, Papa,” Newgene said. “I just took advantage of some ignorant people.”

“Well, how did you get all that money?” his father asked.

“Well, I took a bag of cockleburs with me up to Chicago, and I sold them at $1 apiece as a porcupine egg.”

http://www.demopolistimes.com/2009/06/10/beware-of-porcupine-egg-salesmen/

0 Kudos