cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Potash prices

I was wondering what potash prices were running in your area? And separately, are fertilizer prices coming down, where you farm. What are dealers saying about potash prices and P & K prices for spring purchases?

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

0 Kudos
7 Replies
nitefarm
Advisor

Re: Potash prices

Paid 605.00/ton for 9-23-30 ,have not bought ammonia yet, but an hearing 850.00/ton.

0 Kudos
steeringwheelholder
Senior Contributor

K- $565. P- $670. Nh3 $890. Seed $250-280 a bag. Roughly the same as '12. Nh3 is higher for now. I didn't lock it in. May wait and see if uan is cheaper.
0 Kudos
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Priced Potash (0-0-60) @ $511.00 yesterday and Nh3 @ $888.00. These prices were "after" you get back 5% patronage at the Co-Op...and that is never a guarantee.

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Where are you guys located. Those prices are lower than what I was quoted about a month ago. Have a meeting with a salesman today I'll post if anything comes from the meeting worth talking about.
0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Farmers are being urged to take a look at buying fertilizer needs soon. This fertilizer analyst tells Agriculture.com/Successful Farming the price trend is lower for now.

Here is the full story: Price fertilizer now.

Have you already applied your fertilizer for 2013? Or, are you waiting for spring? Or, are you not applying as much this year?

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

0 Kudos
colorofmoney
Frequent Contributor

Nothing Applied on my ground yet pre paid last week.  Price was cheaper than what I was quoted last November.  We had decent corn around here and are putting a normal amount on.  We do soil sampling every year and go mostly off of that.  Seems that an unusual amount of lime went on last fall around here and quite a little Anhydrous.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Haven't applied any at this point.  I soil test every acre every year and fertilize according to crop consultants recommendation.  Might need to contact him for sample results.

0 Kudos