cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blacksandfarmer
Senior Advisor

Realm Q or Halex

Anybody out there use these herbicides? What do you think of there performance? Im thinking of trying one of them this year in my corn. More than likely Realm Q would be used since the elevator that custom sprays my acres uses Dupont products. Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cz4586
Frequent Contributor

Re: Realm Q or Halex

I know lots of people like Halex, but I used Halex GT last year and I didn't like it.  I had some crop damage on very light soil, and any where there were overlaps it turned the corn leaves white.  The corn seemed to come out of it ok, but I can't believe stressing it is a good thing. 

I'm trying Resolve Q this year.

0 Kudos
cowfarmer
Senior Contributor

Can't speak for CZ but we used halex last year and it worked great. I even used it in no till as a one pass when the corn was just spiking. There was grass in a couple spots, but not enough to hurt yield and talk about a cheap herbicide program. I did lightne the amount of atrazine when I sprayed it because I dont have auto boom shutoffs.

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Is runoff a problem with either of these? I have fields that drain in to several of my neighbor's yards. I've been just using roundup and 2-4D on corn and once used select on beans. Would like to get some residual on corn though.
0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Senior Advisor

Thank you for the responses. I planted corn last week and for the first time Im going with a post emerge herbicide instead of a preemerge. I had been going with Parallel plus and Basis preemerge and hoping I get by without a post. Most of the time I have had good weed control but pre's get expensive and I have been paying the roundup tech fee for years without ever using roundup. I think I will be using Roundup and Resolve Q this year. Anybody out there try Resolve Q? My local Elevator that custom sprays my fields doesn't carry Realm Q or Halex. How tall would you recommend the corn be at the time it gets sprayed and what kind of residual should I expect from Resolve Q? Thanks

0 Kudos
Pat in CMO
Senior Contributor

RealmQ is just a premix of ResolveQ and Callisto. As for residual, I would guess about 4 weeks give or take depending on weather.  Patrick

0 Kudos