cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

SDS Seed Treatment

Bayer CropScience announced EPA approval of ILeVo, which is a seed treatment for Sudden Death Syndrome.

Trials have shown yield increases ranging from 4-10 bu/A over untreated seed when there are foliar symptoms visible. If there aren't visual symptoms, you can still see yield increases around 2 bu/A. I've included photos from the field trial I visited this summer.

You can read more information here.

For farmers who have SDS in their fields, will you try the new seed treatment?

DSC_0285.JPG

Untreated soybeans on the left, and treated on the right.

DSC_0266.JPG

Treated soybeans are on the left, and untreated on the right.

Thanks!

Kacey

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: SDS Seed Treatment

I will try some if I can get it and the price is reasonable.

The ISU data I saw says 3.4 bpa advatnage.  Interestingly, the study I saw showed an advantage to early planted beans even if they got SDS over later planted beans with ILeVo (another stupid spelling - I think I'll be like ee cummings and put everything in lower case).

Ilevo is not going to pay in every field.  It will work best with beans that are susceptible to SDS in an an environment that promotes SDS.

What is the price - has anyone heard?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jim -

I agree. I think I saw the same Iowa State data you did. It should be another tool to help farmers plant earlier in the season. They are recommending using it with resistant soybean varieties.

I haven't heard anything on price yet.

Kacey

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Jim - Kacey - Talked to a friend this mornign on this subject - He is meeting with the Bayer rep this morning - so hope to have some info. on cost and availability this afternoon .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The rep did not have a price on the ILevo - and said it will be limited in suppy - with any luck We will get a small amount to run some side by side work .

0 Kudos