cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Seed Decisions Made for 2019?

Do you have your 2019 planting plans pretty much completed as far as acreage for various crops?  Since I downsized my decisions here are pretty simply and I'll be all corn in 2019.

Do you have your seed varieties bought or pretty much sorted out or are you doing that now?  I'm going through that process.  Every time I do it I get mad at how little information the seed companies give out and how much they try to influence your decision without giving you enough information to make an informed decision. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Seed Decisions Made for 2019?

I don`t fall for the "acreage shifting" battles, just like I give up up on cordless tools at 14.4 volt...I may jump on the bandwagon when they get to the 40,000 volt nuclear powered drill, Im sticking with the C/B rotation.  

Forgive me father, for I have bought smartstax seed corn, but I did buy some clear hilum conventional beans.  Swinging for the bleachers is just in my DNA.  Though I vow to buy Epley $100/bag corn earlier in the fall.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA  -  double  your  garden  plot  size -   radish's  limit  down  -  sell,  short ,  $$$$$  -   -    -  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I ended up deciding on conventional corn.  I can use all the chemicals until emergence, and many of the so-called post-emergence traited chemicals have no residual anyway.

We'll see.

0 Kudos