Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Some N-Plot Pictures.

Took these yesterday on the drive by -

my documtims 577.jpg

On the left is the Adapt-N rep - ( 120 uints ) the right is single pass 180 units .

my documtims 578.jpg

This is my 2 pass 180 unit - the flag is the center of the 16 rows - To the right is the HR of 210 units and the left is MR of 150 --To me my 2 pass is showing more green leaf area than the adapt N - by a lot .

Show time was setfor Monday - but will have to see how much rain we get this weekend Smiley Sad

It's time to get this party started Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ianbeer
Frequent Contributor

Re: Some N-Plot Pictures.

How large is each plot ECIN?

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Senior Advisor

What stages of plant growth are you applying N on your 2 pass program? Most of my soil has a CEC of around 10. Some spots in my fields are higher and some are lower. A two pass program might pay for me. Thanks ECIN.

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

lanbeer -- Each rep is 16 rows - by about 125 rods long - there is 24 reps. across the field - total plot is 33 acres .

Blacky --  I put on all reps at about V-3 - execpt the Adapt N reps.  - then came back in on mine for the second pass at V-8-9 this year . The Adapt N reps was put on the same time as my second pass -but it was at V7- 8 stage .

For the past 3 years I have done this - at V-3 ( about 8 inchs tall ) and the second at V7  to V-9 - The later is what I like to do , just before the rapid growth stage - but Rain is the big thing - you need it to get the 28 down to the roots - so somethime I cheat and put it earlier .

By also useing a two pass app . If we get a lot of early rain - i could test for N and add to or as like last year - cut it back .

The problem is that you need a Miller or Hagie to get over that tall of corn --plus you will need the NTB for the hag . A 16 row - 2 years ago , listed out at 50 grand -- If not for my custom business I would probably not have this machine . But it dos open up doors to try something different .

I would think on your sand - it would pay in Ace's - but thats just me thinking out loud with out research you just don't know , That is what I'm after here -- is 2 pass's really paying me to do this - or is it only eye candy ?

Show time is coming soon !   lol

0 Kudos