cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

TJ Technologies Products

Has anyone ever tried any of the quickroots products? I was curious about pricing, I've read on some other blogs that pricing can be a little on the high side but wasn't sure if any regulars on here have any experience with them.

Where and what does one choose to try on his farm with all these available seed treatments? I'm always looking for something to give me a boost, but not sure if all these products are snake oils or if some of them offer legitimate returns. If I tried all these products on a few acres, my entire operation would be one big test plot. Would my dollar be better spent just using additional fertilizer?

Planning on viewing an early morning webinar on the 17th covering some dry fertilizer enhancements.

I guess this has become 21st century farming.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: TJ Technologies Products

It's junk I think... Wasn't there a video on YouTube of some guy destroying this stuff? They probably can't come up with data that they themselves haven't a hand in producing... If it worked in government trials they would tell you to use it.

Anyways. I bet you that you would be better off taking the money that you would otherwise try spend on this stuff and put it in an account to save for a good drill.

There's just no shortcut to good crops... It's just the basics+ a little luck. Most people just don't master the basics and lean on stuff like this.

Anyways that's what I think.. I just don't know how I'd make anything if I used everything that came by with things getting tight
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Thanks 89, you just confirmed my thought exactly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Yeah, last spring I tried their planter box seed treatment on about 300 acres. I bought it at a hefty "franchise" in fairmont minnesota.  I'll have to check to see the exact name of the product. I was applied dry onto the seed corn in individual planter bxes. I then had to stir it. The idea is good, but i did not se any way that it could be evenly coated on the seeds. I feel foolish for even using it. When corn has been high priced we sometimes get "sloppy" on these magic yield enhancers. I believe there are seed treatment products like maybe sabrex that are legitimate. this was probably true "foo foo dust". I have one package left stored in my basement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Thanks for sharing IDA. I watch AgPhd regularly and keep a mental note of all these products that the bros keep preaching they don't cost, it's ROI. Well when you're paid to use and promote these products, I guess you've got a positive ROI before ever opening the bag.

Maybe the part of my farm that is lacking isn't my techniques or methods, maybe it's the lack of a supporting sideline business such as a popular TV program. Stay tuned for a late fall premier of "Shaggys Acres". Maybe I can promote Hobby's magical glasses as my first product. Huh, seems like I'm off to a good start and I'm still in the developmental stages. HA HA
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Just as long as it's not toxic and it's not the Fleischmanns I'd be willing to concider it for soil applications.

If it works I'll bet it works even better with my Wild Yeast Fertilizer.  They say it's just a wettable powder.  In my experience microbes need to be worked up and applied uniformly in order to see good results.

Just treating the seeds may give good initial germination.  Wild Yeast have difficulty with getting corn started.

I'd like to know where the microbes come from.  There isn't much information on the website.

Researching this it looks like α-Amylase is produced by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens.  This would help to initiate germintation of the seed kernels.

T. virens produces auxin-related compounds.  This would stimulate growth.

Other available treatment microbes are Penicillium bilaii, Rhizobia, and Mycorrhizae.

Soil that doesn't have good microbes is prone to reduced yeilds and less than optimal final product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

I did 2 split planters of corn on 2 farms. Dug some roots this spring/summer but couldn't see any real differences between the treated and untreated. I'll have to remember to post the results here as well as NAT after I harvest...
Did 2 seperate soybean treatments as well...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Thanks Grain Trader, I would appreciate hearing your results if you'd be willing to share them.  Don't need to know overall yields, just the comparitive differences.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Feel free to remind me...
0 Kudos