cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evant17
Friend

TeeJet fertilizer Nozzles

Has anyone used any of the TeeJet Fertilizer Nozzles?  What did you think of them?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Re: TeeJet fertilizer Nozzles

Might help if you were slightly more specific. Are you talking the streaming nozzle with one outlet, that threads into a pipe thread? Or (and I haven't looked it up) but there is another nozzle that fits in a nozzle body that shoots three or so streams toward the ground.

0 Kudos
Evant17
Friend

Sorry about that, I was talking about the three stream nozzle and the nozzle the has about eight or more streams. They are going to be used on a 4830 JD with 100' booms at 20" spacing, mainly for side dressing wheat.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

I use the streaming nozzles for preplant fertilizer applications.  They let you go in windier conditions.

Topdressing wheat, I try to stay with the fan tips.  I am afraid of burning wht too much.

0 Kudos
Evant17
Friend

Ok, we are just looking for something to replace out stream bars.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

If you are in flat ground, fertilizer nozzles should work just fine.  If you ground is rolling or uneven, the stream bars will work better because boom height won't affect your coverage as much.

0 Kudos
cz4586
Frequent Contributor

Ditto what Shaggy98 said.  I tried streamjets and they didn't work well in rolling ground.  Coverage was very uneven as I can't maintain a consistent boom height.  Stream bars worked much better

0 Kudos