cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECIN
Senior Advisor

WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO - NOT -------------------------- DO NOT  check ---SMOOTH SAILING ON JOHN WALTERS  POLL --  I thought about it -- but with better judgement did not -- BUT  did say - so far - --- so good -- that was TILL  i got to the shop yesterday morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got the doors opened up - radio turned on ---- THEN the phone rang -- it was Norm - my ag web buddies know who Norm is -- hes my cart driver - for the last 13 years - retired out of Ford - Indy -- and has over the years of lay offs and strikes - has been here 18 - 20 years - part time . Well Norm was calling from the hospital - Norm has heart problems - this is the 4 fall that this has happened -- his arm started to hurt after we got done the other day - then again latter that night - wife took him in - Norm had a stint put in yesterday afternoon -

Start dryer --- dam  thing shut down after 2 hours -- Bruning's could not get there till late day -got it fixed at 7:30 last night --- 18,000  bu. wet bin is full !  = NO shell corn yesterday !

Air compressor -- took a dump -- don't know whats up with that one -- yet -- maybe the motor ?

I got something in my eye -- i wear contacts - this happened last year -- SO hoped in truck -- drove to Shelbyville  to my Doc. - they have 2 in office -- Guess what ?? not one dam Doc was in yesterday ? Girl at desk said Ken - your Eye is a mess --- Ken said -- NO CHIT !  They sent me to another Doc - that helps them out -- Guess what  ???? Fat chick there said they were over booked and could NOT work me in - But -- BUT could work me in tomorrow !  Why would I do that - my Doc will be back today !  I will never go back there -- said BAD words to myself ---- !  Come home - ran myself threw head gate and sprayed that purple pink eye medicine on - does fell better this morning thou !

Chipped a tooth --- eating a frozen snickers bar from the cooler !

Come home - Dog glad to see me - jumped up and score a direct hit in the -- you know were - size 12 paw 

Took a shower  -- that fealt good - opened  up  a ice cold miller lite -- tastes great - less filling you know !

Phone rings ---------- again -- 9:00 ! --- Dad --- -Why haven't I fired the dryer ?? Said Ken is done for the day ! and hung UP

Well better get - Will try the dryer first thing - then head BACK to the eye Doc at 8:30

Everybody -- have a great day !  --

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tree fmr
Advisor

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since your not busy give us the low down on your test plot!

Just kidding, take care of NR 1 first!!

0 Kudos
foxy farmer
Frequent Contributor

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ken

They  say it gets darkest right before it gets light. I hope today the light shines upon your day. Have a good one

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Feller has er. This was a saying my gandpa always used. I think it meant; a fellow has a hard time now and then. Not sure where he got it, he would be 110 years old if he were still around. Dad still uses it. Does help put things in perspective on a bad day.
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

ECI called yesterday morn wanted me to come over and run the cart for a couple of days. I kind of got foot draggy and well looks like all I would have done is just done a crop tour anyway.

Man O Man Ken you used to be the jinx on everybody else's day, what happened? Were you looking in the mirror when you were talking to me? Your day was one of those down hill all the way all day deals.

I feel for you bro, BUT please keep your distance.

0 Kudos