cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

purchase fertilizer now?

Is anybody buying their fertilizer now for 2015?  I've got 2 dealers giving me pricing for Dec. or Jan. payment.  I really don't feel like spending a lot of money on inputs now when corn/soybeans prices  are so low. I think inputs are going to be more competitive come spring.  What do you guys/gals think?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: purchase fertilizer now?

Yes, many people have started buyin fertilizer in advance for 2015 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: purchase fertilizer now?

swmi - You just asked the million dollor question there - Prices here are steady - I can buy 28 for the same price as I did last year - big woop - right with corn lower - But will it go lower ? I would not bet the farm on it - as the dealers and retailers have it bought at a price - do you think they are willing to take a lose just to move product ? I know - we may think they will by spring - but then what happens in the mad rush come spring ?  I can hear them now - Everybody waited till spring and now we just can't get the product in - trucks will be short - suppy will be down - you name it - then what ? Price go's up ? Same with 28 or 82 , How much 82 went on this fall ? Same deal here and we have all seen it - empty wagons waiting for a truck to come in and the price per ton ? I bet it will be up .

I'm thinking wwe may be out smarting ourselfs - these guys know whats going on , they may not have even filled there fert bins - seeing this comeing - After the hosing these guys took a few years ago - you can bet your first born that they won't let that happen again .

As for me ? I don't have a clue - yet as to what to do - But after my tax meeting Thursday - that may change -  I did go and pick up one load of 28 last week - that way I won't be all wrong as to which way the ball bounces - you know what I mean ? lol

If you get this figured out - please send me a PM - ( now need for everybody to get the jump on us ) and let me know what to do -

0 Kudos