cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

2012 Farm Bill Proposal

One Farm Bill proposal is out.  It includes crop insurance, but no DP/CCP.

I'm sure I don't understand it all and the ag press will be busy analysing and interpreting it.

http://www.farmdocdaily.illinois.edu/2012/04/first_draft_of_the_new_senate.html

There are some changes in the crop insurance electives that I need to think about. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Re: 2012 Farm Bill Proposal

Here is how Dan Looker, Successful Farming/Agriculture.com reports on the Senate Ag Committee's version of the new Farm Bill. This passed Thursday. See (Full story) here.

Mike

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Another big subsidy to insurance companies! Disgusting!

0 Kudos
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

I got a card and a follow up phone call from a group urging me to call Sen. Roberts to ask not to cut the CSP.  Well I did not call, and won't.  My philosophy is to not get caught up in what the gov. should do for  farmers.  It disgusts me to see everyone running around whining about unfair cuts, etc.  Once the bill becomes law, I'll make use of what fits and benefits our operation, but I don't want to manage the farm based on what the gov. says.  I want to be in the position of being profitable regardless, or in spite of what gov does, NOT dependant of what it does.  As such, I may keep tabs on what is proposed, but not overly concerned about it.