cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

300 farming operations did not sign up- USDA wants to know why?

It just never gets better than this.  I received this from one of my counties FSA offices today.  Maybe farmers have finally seen the light, that they do not need the risk that goes along with participation in government programs.  More important, they do not need to have members on a county committee knowing all their business.   I love it, hell if they lost 300 farms in this one county, probably no one is signing up.  Makes my day.  Sometimes the underdog does win one.

What is most amusing, hell if they lost 300 farming operations, what will the FSA office have to do.  I responded to the notice.  Screw them.   John  

Have You Signed Up in DCP?

We have over 300 farms which typically enroll in the annual Farm Bill program, known as DCP, that have not yet enrolled for 2013.  While we do not know what the new Farm Bill will involve for certain for 2014 and future years, we do know that the 2013 Direct & Counter-Cyclical Payment program provides for a fixed payment on your Corn, Soybean, Oats, Grain Sorghum and Wheat crop acreage bases. If you don't enroll, you are leaving money on the table.

June 3rd is the deadline to enroll in the ACRE option of the program, and August 2nd the deadline for regular DCP.  However, we encourage you to get this taken care of before the busy season of acreage reporting begins in June.

Important Upcoming Dates

May 14 - Final date to complete CRP MCM and cool season seedings 
May 15 – August 1 - Primary Nesting Season (PNS) – CRP activities restricted (contact office) 
May 20 – June 14 - General CRP Signup #45
May 20 - Deadline to apply for 2012 Drought Emergency Loans
May 27 - Office closed – Memorial Day 
May 31 - Final date to apply for 2012-crop corn/soybean commodity loans
June 3 - Final date to signup for 2013 ACRE program 
June 7 - Final date to apply for 2011-crop SURE program 
July 15 - Final 2013-crop acreage certification date 
August 2 - Final date to signup for 2013 DCP program

Email = Program Information

When new Farm Bill details come out, most likely the only way we will be able to get the information to you is via email and GovDelivery (this medium).  Please pass the word to your landlords, tenants, friends, etc. to get on board with email delivery.  

Bookmark and Share

USDA/FSA Logo Questions? 
Contact Us
STAY CONNECTED:
Visit us on Twitter Sign up for email updates FSA Widgets Ask FSA FSA FencePost RSS Feeds  

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES: 
Manage Preferences  |  Delete Profile  |  Help

This email was sent to faust100f@gmail.com using GovDelivery, on behalf of: USDA Farm Service Agency · 1400 Independence Ave., S.W. · Washington, DC 20250 · 800-439-1420 Powered by GovDelivery

FFJ <faust100f@gmail.com>
4:30 PM (1 minute ago)

to usdafsa

I do not think farmers believe it is in their best interests to have to comply FSA restrictions placed on their farms.  Just too much red tape, there is no money being left on the table, when one considers that the members of the FSA committee have direct access to a producers records and can disclose that information to anyone.

Why should any producer always be living with an audit, or withholding of payments by your committee.   I wonder when the USDA is going to write me a check for the 30,000 bushels their USDA lawyer (who ended up in prison for 7 years) took from my operations in the 80's. 

It may be time to consider closing the FSA offices, since there is no funding for new farmers, no funding for direct payments (which will place a hardship upon the pickup dealers in the county, because farmers can no longer buy that new pickup every year so they can look successful). 

But there is one program not being cut, and that is the one USDA provides for all the non farmers in Iowa Counties and that is the CRP program.   But that is the way it was planned to drive farmers into bankruptcy, by having ISU grads tell them how to run their operations.   I think it is one of the biggest jokes in the world, to have an FSA employee counseling farmers on how to farm.  I mean . . . what would FmHA do if their farmers died. 

Sorry, but there is no money being left on the table, it is great farming land they way the owner sees fit, rather than the USDA or Soil Conservation Service telling them what to plant, ruining fields with snake like terraces, and cost share is a joke, too much red tape.   The last I remember, my name or my corporations name is on all the deeds on our land not USDA or FSA.  

I think it is time for the FSA employees and others at USDA to put an end to their attempt to create a "property right" in private property owned by farmers. 

By the way . . . thanks for the non response on the SURE program.   

John 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: 300 farming operations did not sign up- USDA wants to know why?

Hey faust,i think many of us are just waiting to see if acre is a better deal, you got til june on that. The dcp deal is aug 2, why not wait? They might do away with the whole works anyway Smiley Happy i got a couple acres i want approval to break up this zpring to strIghten up a field, everyone says "go ahead screw em" well i got filter strps they hang me with if im Not in complcance. They say theyve given the approval business to some outfit in des moines the counties dont have anything to do with it anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I am not a participant.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Terraces and water ways are bad things?? Without them half the farm land in our area would be in the creek.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

More important . . . if there are 300 farming operations in one county that has not signed up, and if that is typical of most counties in Iowa, then since we only have about 100,000 farmers in Iowa anymore, that totals out to about 30,000 farms, or 1/3 of the farmers in Iowa who previously signed up, kissed the program good bye.

What is really interesting, the grain farming operations in Southern Iowa are few when compared to other counties areas in Iowa, since my country is about 50% cow calf operations.  So 300 farmers not signing up yet, means that maybe over half the farmers in the county just decided not to participate.  Guess the USDA employees, will have to schedule a lot more sick days, vacation days, and seminars to fill in their time this year.    Just sayin . . .  John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The way i look at it, we gotta live within the pure goofiness by the dnr,epa,osha,dot,atf and the pta anyway if we can get a few bucks to help complying with all that P.i.t.a by following a few hel and swampbuster regulations, you might as well go for it. They'll get it out of you in taxes eventually in taxes, next yr osamacare kicks in, lord only knows how we'll get hooked with that crap. Thank God Branstand repealed that electrical inspection bull crap that democat culver saddled us with. Now i see the trial lawyers won against the farmers, they can sue your pants off if a kid gets hurt on a field frip to your farm or a hunter gets hurt. It's all about the money money money

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

BA - Brain dead, tried to get it right, but the palsy in his right hand, would not let him sign more bills.  The legal system in Iowa is on the same level as that in Louisiana,it is the good old boy system, where licenses to steal are issued by a Supreme Court by those who stole from the citizens of this state before they were appointed judges. 

We will soon have to have every citizen in Iowa (all  3,000,000) in prision to meet the contract payments being made to the "prison industries" in this state.  The state should immediately adopt the policy of if you bring a law suit and lose you pay the other parties legal fees.  I think what needs to happen, is if a lawyer wants to bring a law suit, that every defendant counter sues, and names that lawyer as a co-defendant in the cross claim.  

What does that do? Drives up the malpractice premium on the lawyer, gets him off the case so he does not derive economic benefit from bringing such an action, and if the judge is a fruit cake, name him as a witness, or defendant, creating a conflict, which will cause him to recuse himself from the case.  

The thieves are now in control of the purse strings in Iowa, and we need to be sending a few more of these judges on the "perp walk".  Adios Amigo. John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Perhaps the real truth is

That there was so much talk about direct payments being eliminated in the budgetary quarrel that many farmers thought is was a done deal. Why sign up if you think the payments are gone?

Remember you heard it here first>

0 Kudos