cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

3F Newsletters

I know I'm a little behind, but I'm trying to catch up.  I just read the 3F Jan/Feb & Mar/Apr newsletters tonight and just reaffirmed my opinion of Mr. Acker's predictions.  Nothing against him, but his forecasts are becoming less and less reliable and basically hold entertainment value at best.  Maybe he's trying to do to much, but he completely missed the long range weather forecasts again.  Anyone basing their operations from his predictions all I can say is good luck.  His financial and futures might hold some value, but his farming part of it is basically useless.  Anyone who reads this will probably understand what I'm saying.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: 3F Newsletters

Hey Shaggy, a quote from 3F Newsletter page 3 "Most areas will experience few planting delays; only time delay wouldbe May 2-10. Best time to plant is after May 15th", well that is gonna hang around Larry`s neck like a millstone.  He puts exact dates on this stuff, so he opens himself up to scrutiny.  Larry said back in Feb "12.5 billion bu corn crop" and "$9 corn" at some point.  He came at that "number" thinking drought...and we may very well finish the summmer with that. I think his 12.5 billion bushel is too optimistic.

Here`s his Profit Pro spiel from back in February http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtvmoZ1nO0  Hindsight is 20/20 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA, a few years back we had a dry fall and my cousin was all gloom and doom about how there just wasn't going to be a crop the coming year...no moisture in the fall, no snow, driest year ever coming up.....all that. I just looked at him and said that for all I knew, the coming year might be the wettest ever.

That spring, the water ran over my township road, making its own river for forty some days and I never planted that piece until the end of June waiting for the waters tor finally drain.

You just never know.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Yep I read that too BA.  You gotta love his most likely dates for storms.  If you start circling dates on the calendar, every day with the exception of 2 or 3 are "Most Likely" to receive a storm.  I don't have anything against this guy, but he is beginning to become his own contradictory.  Interesting reading at best.

0 Kudos