cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

5 seeking Iowa Ag Sec job

4 Republicans vying for their party`s nomination and one Democrat running unopposed.  I think all 5 are qualified, even the Democrat Tim Gannon seems like a good guy.  My top 2 choices are State Senator Dan Zumbach, he understands selling hogs for pennies a pound and has overcame a tornado tragedy.  My second choice would be the Democrat Tim Gannon, a 900 acre farmer, so not a Bigshot.   See all 5 candidates are pretty much on the same page policy wise, so you sort of look more into each`s personality.

But okay, the elephant in the room me being a Farm Bureau man why aren`t I supporting the former Iowa FB president?  Well, you know how George HW Bush was a CIA man and became president?   Well I had big problems with "how will he serve 2 masters"?  Well the Farm Bureau and CIA are kind of similar  🙂

Anyway here is a couple links on the race

www.communitynewspapergroup.com/waverly_newspapers/sen-zumbach-runs-for-secretary-of-ag/article_218c...  

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/gop-candidates-for-secretary-of-ag-post-make-introductions-at...  

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/iowa-farmer-announces-run-for-state-ag-secretary/article_a254bfb3-...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JimMeade
Veteran Advisor

Re: 5 seeking Iowa Ag Sec job

I heard a short radio interview with the FB guy and after several minutes of listing all the organizations he was a big shot in he mentioned that he was a farmer.  This was on a farm show interview.

Granted, we have people with no experience in the profession leading people in that business.  Maybe being an undertaker is an example.  Still, as a farmer, I'd kind of like to see an applicant for the Sec Ag job who is a farmer say up front that he is a farmer and tell me later what other organizations he belongs to.

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Re: 5 seeking Iowa Ag Sec job

Jim  - Point  well   taken - EXCELLENT  

0 Kudos