cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosehan9

Are You Good at Farm Business

The way to do a good farm business is to process crops continuously so that your crops have higher economic value
For example, the harvested corn needs to be sun-dried, and the sun-dried corn needs to be threshed to facilitate a sale at higher prices. After threshing corn, we can make corn grits of different particle sizes by using the corn grits milling machine. This can be used as feed for many livestock. Does this kind of corn exert greater economic value?
The same is the peanuts. From peanut harvesting to peanut oil or peanut butter, it can bring us greater economic benefits.

maize flour making machine price.jpg
0 Kudos
6 Replies
janmackenziefxr
Contributor

Re: Are You Good at Farm Business

This week, we had the good fortune to freely pick as much corn as we wanted. One of my father-in-laws friends had some corn in his garden and told us that we could pick it clean. Okay, problem, I’ve never picked corn before and have no idea what to do. So Tuesday morning, my in-laws came by bright and early to pick me and the kids up. They advised us that we had better grab some long sleeve shirts so that we didn’t get cut up. What did I get myself into?

Now what I think of as a garden is a small plot, in your backyard, where you grow a few things for a nice salad. When I saw this mans garden my jaw just about dropped. It looked more like a crop that would be harvested to sell at a large chain of supermarkets. The look on my kids faces when they saw the “garden” was priceless, they thought of a garden the same way I did.

0 Kudos
janmackenziefxr
Contributor

After the shock, we all put on our long sleeve shirts (my kids refused to put theirs on) and each grabbed a 5-gallon bucket. My mother-in-law then instructed us on how to pick corn. (1) Choose ears that are plump and the tassels have turned brown; (2) pull the ears down and twist, to remove it from the stalk. It was actually pretty fun, at first!

We picked corn for about an hour and a half and ended up with about 40 dozen ears. I am so thankful to my father-in-laws friend and to my in-laws for getting us out there early. It got pretty hot, especially when you’re wearing a long sleeve shirt. I’m sure the kids weren’t feeling the heat like we were, since they refused to wear long sleeve shirts. Despite the little cuts that the got from the sharp edges of the corn leaves, they had a lot of fun and they learned a valuable lesson – when grandma says wear a long sleeve shirt, listen, she knows what she’s talking about.

As we were dropping off some corn to family and friends my kids made the comment that picking corn was easier than they thought. My father-in-law chimed in and said “You’re not done yet”. They both had a puzzled look on their faces, then he went on to explain that the corn needed to be shucked, de-silked, cut, cooked, and froze. They both made a very loud and exaggerated sigh. Priceless.

After sharing some of our loot with family and friends and my in-laws taking some, our family ended up with about 25 dozen ears. Now the real work begins.

0 Kudos
belladyer137qk
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I completely agree with you, but it takes a long time to process the crop, and how profitable it will be? In order to process corn, you need special equipment and several people who could monitor this process. You could use workers for more important purposes. Also, do not forget that it is much more profitable for other enterprises to buy unprocessed products and perform all subsequent processes on their own. Considering the great competition in this area, you will need to provide only the highest quality products. In order to maintain a consistently high level of production, you will need constant funding for the purchase of good equipment and wages. By using the services of factorforyou.com you may have a chance to do so. Wish you luck!

0 Kudos

What's new in this area?

0 Kudos
madeleinecornis
Contributor

If you're talking about automation, there are some innovations for that. I know that programs https://www.iinsight.biz/ have been developed in which you can even keep records, and this is used in all areas - medicine, health care, etc. It is very convenient when the cloud contains reports from all employees, and you can even make separate departments to see the work of each person. But from the point of view of industry and agriculture it still needs to be adapted. The only advantage - it is not tied to the place of work and papers on the table.

0 Kudos
ngaweskeauj19
Visitor

I also have a farm business that I inherited from my father. Corn is one of our primary sources of living and work as well, and I totally agree with you. Processing it is hard but worth it. I usually get my children to help me harvest it(along with the farm's employees), and all of us do the job pretty well. We're also using a combined harvester. It collects the whole corn plant – stalk, cob, and all – and removes the kernels of corn from the cob. I love this part of the job, but I hate the business part of it. I have to deal with it all alone, and, last year, I risked getting a director disqualification. Luckily, thanks to https://ndandp.co.uk/director-disqualification/, I managed to get out of it.

0 Kudos