cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Are market advisors also having tough year?

Jump to solution

I won`t mention this outfit by name, but I used their service during the first part of the bull run, and their stochastics gimmick was a dismal failure.  They would`ve had me marketing in the bottom of the range, worse figuring fees associated with being cute.  I dumped them and told them off, but they have my cell number and home phone and they`ve turned into trolls after they must think i`ve forgotten my sour experience with them.

The cell phone rang, didn`t know the number it was from Indiana, I figured it was my buddy Ken...but no it was that danged oufit out of the blue.  Well the salesman and i talked about markets  a short hour, then I realized this fool was setting the hook...I don`t want their expensive, less than worthless service, so I said "I`ll think about it and call you back" ...he says "When can I expect your reply?"  Smiley Very Happy...oh he`s a slick one.   well, I`m a man of my word and did call back the next day as I said to tell him to "stick it!", he was out of the office early for the weekend.  I thought, I called back and my obligation is done, he`s s.o.L.  for not being there.  Well, I saw that Monday he called cell and home phone and he calls every blinkety-blankin` day sometimes twice for 2, going on 3 weeks straight....what kind of nut does that????   It`s someone looking out for themselves, not me that is for sure.

This morning I`m about in the mood to answer that Indiana call (hope it`s not ken or 3020   Smiley Happy ) and give him a string of "none Ishmael approved language".  But are these market gurus that desperate that they`ve turned into trolls?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Are market advisors also having tough year?

Jump to solution

You know, we see the Wells Fargo guys forging accounts and I've heard similar stories about other companies.  If you go on the SiriusXM review pages you see lots of horror stories.  Many big companies have these horror stories.

Some phone systems allow certain numbers to be blocked.  I use that feature all the time.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Are market advisors also having tough year?

Jump to solution

It is a huge problem....... IMO

Once upon a time..........  in a day far away.... when a profit could be made in corn ranching.  I established an account for an entity with a lender.. let's call it big bank..... for the purpose of seed sourcing from a company called "Mr. Haney".

The account had three owner names on it.  I was told that the account would terminate at the moment it had a 0 balance.......just the way I wanted it..... no pinch, no stink, no account.

This entity has not done business with "Mr. Haney" or used that account since it was paid off three years back.....

the entities ownership has changed.....

The big bank has been formally directed to terminate the account......

But today that account still exists with unauthorized names and no balance.......... because "Mr Haney" still hopes to sell seed and requests Big Bank to maintain that account.

AND like most of this computer driven lazy world.........no one takes time to make corrections.............

Once you are established on the list it is a "no holds barred" marketplace....

0 Kudos