cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Attn. Medical Accounts Payable

Folks  in  Montgomery County  Kansas  are  finding  out  the  law  is   approaching  medical  debt , with  court  room  maneuvers   -  -  -

Make  sure  your  business  plan  includes  viable  insurance  coverage  - maybe  ?  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Attn. Medical Accounts Payable

Also,  folks  up  north in  '' Alvo  Nebraska ''  find  out  their  insurance  didn't  cover  an  at  home medical incident  - - -

A  fence  jump - over task  left  Nathan Werner with a spinal injury  ($300,000 )  unpaid claim due  to the claim-it had consumed alcohol in own his backyard ,  according  to  wowt  news  release  -  -  -

No  consuming  and  jumping,  while setting  up  an  above  ground  swimming pool ,  I  guess - ?         

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

love or hate technology?

I got this device from our vehicle ins carrier, like so many others, to stick in the car so the ins can track your travels and driving.  An employee loves it.  They track his limited use of the car in the garage and he gets a discount on his insurance every month.  Then does the questionable stuff with the company truck.  All was exciting til my wife asked, "what are they gonna say about that U turn you make 4 times a week mid block on main street to get coffee".  ------(small towns?)   got to thinking ....... when I back up 200 yards on county blacktop to check tires on a sprinkler..... or chase the stray dog back home.  Or stop to shoot a skunk and Uturn to decapitate a snake....... I like my life....... private.

What insurance was it and is it directly related to government freedom to change the rules after the fact?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

289 in the case of auto insurance..... I decided i was lucky I had a chance to pay a little more to keep them out of the car.  Gadget is stuck in a "safe place".  Water heater seldom speeds.

As for health insurance ............... that is a fight to undertake..... If they can say the damage was abnormal living  or self imposed that is a short mental walk to "heels on womens shoes"  "cellphone use" "fatty foods" "over weight" "Poor choices" "lack of reading skills"  etc etc etc etc.

The point of insurance is to share risk..... but in these cases insurance companies are avoiding responsibility for risk... assigning blame ......what can follow.... an intelligence test.... a book of acceptable human activities...????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I  personally  had  a  work  comp.  claim  experience  ,  on  myself ,  due  to  blue  &  billing  disagreement  - - -

It  was interesting adventure for  the  $900.oo  deal &  9.5  months  to  drag  a  settlement out  of  w. c.  -  -  -

He said - she said-  they said ,  soap  opera  deluxe  &  only  claim  in  20+  years  -  -  -

Unbelievable  waste  of  resources ,  and  I  pay $395  of  the  $1295  to  top  it  off  -  leaving  me,  fortifying  my  skeptic attitude of  diluted  expert-eZ-ism  -   -    -

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

WComp is the most bureaucratic scammy thing I deal with in farm finance.  It feels slimy laying in the mailbox.  And the perpetual "audits"...... which aren't audits at all.  They are just payroll verifications, but those condecending insurance people threaten you with the term "audit".... and send out third party con men agents to verify your information.

A few years ago I put together the data for them and a third party "lady" shows up to conduct the audit for our field workers (tractor drivers and sprinkler repairs, harvest hands)  She looks out the window of our shop and sees grain storage bins.  When I got the "audit" report in the mail she had changed our WC rating from farm workers (around 3.8%) to commercial grain elevator employees ( at the time 11.8%).  The Insurance Company denied it happened, but it took me two years to get it changed back to our normal rating.

Two years in a row we saw a labor department employee go on disability for questionable activity.... one claimed a fall in a house she was inspecting...... i was with her on the inspection ....... no fall ever happened.  The next year her replacement went on disability for a knee "blow out" while going up a flight of stairs in his office building.   One office got closed and we now have good labor representation.

Congress passes a law and federal employees scam it.  Congress creates more problems than it fixes.  That's my libertarian view on it.  Most folks think this past year congress has been a mess..... in the broader picture it has been standard operating procedure for decades.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Maybe  some  con-solidation  maneuvers ,  with  a  20-25 person  '' bored ''  of  directors  could  remedy  the  issues,  WITH   CONgressional   approval  of  course  -  -  -       

0 Kudos