cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wt510151
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank fee increases

It is nice to have all the financials at one bank, but I like to keep mine more diversified. Makes it easier to keep my expenses separate and allows an open account if the other one doesn't serve my needs. Separating the accounts between the living expenses and farm operation at the very least should be encouraged for ease at tax time and privacy.

More women are deciding that they can be in charge of their farms after their husband's deaths. They are becoming more active on the farm than just landlord. Young women are are also being equally considered as heirs as their brothers than they once were too.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I glanced back at the magazine cover, and it is the one with "St.Sarah" on it.  She is evidently becoming something of an icon for women of the religious right. 

The article I referred to above is entitled "The Richer Sex."  Some banks and bankers are really  missing on that marketing boat....

What kind of animal health issue are you referring to?  Can't be GOOD news. 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Better pray it's not this:

0 Kudos
wt510151
Senior Contributor

Re: Better pray it's not this:

I hope not either. There are too many hoofstock that travel in the Rockies area to control.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

A few years back, when FMD was rampant in England, and was documented at the same time on every continent except North America, I attended a presentation on it at a convention. 

We were told that USDA would quarantine a 15-mile radius around any farm with a case.  Humans would be stuck in place, with food delivered to them, basically held in total isolation.  That was explained as an effort to limit its spread.  Sounded like a Michael Crichton novel to me. 

Please post back with any updates.

0 Kudos
wt510151
Senior Contributor

Do you know what the incubation time for FMD is? A certain event or two occurred around the same time that most disease incubation times take.

I also am concerned with the migration of the elk herds as well as the cow/calf and sheep herds take this time of the year. What effect will a quarantine take on them?

I just found this online. Hopefully it means good news.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/test+gives+plant+hope+quick+reopening/3189942/story.html 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

WHEW!

Dodged a bullet that time. 

Thanks for the updated link.  That makes three major worries off my list this week. 

Now, if EPA can just get out of animal ag, and the IRS would get realistic about those 1099s for 2012. 

0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

What affect, if any, will bank fee increases have on small, inactive accounts such as 4-H clubs, school class trip accounts, grandchildren starting savings accounts and so forth?  Has anyone heard if these accounts will be assessed fees so that groups will start looking for other ways to manage their money?

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Our bank protected children's accounts from fees if the parents banked there...do not recall if that took minimum balances or activity on the part of the parents, though.  In general, banks have had a supportive position towards community organizations, but I'd ask to be sure this policy continues. 

0 Kudos