cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Can We Talk About Suicide?

Nutlug,   Thanks ---- a good article......  Expressing care for each other was a good message in that article.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Well perhaps we should take one more step,
Can we talk about murder ?
While there are been some sucides, and they can
Take various forms.
There are a larger number of people's who's life
Is being shortened and some dying of the stress.

Who's fault is it ? Of course I'd love to say trump,
But I have to admit it's not all his fault (but
A large part of it).

Yes, with the low prices, increased cost, poor yeilds
And now 100+ temps, trying to get things
Done, yes I am having Problems...and I know
Others are too.

Lack of trade deal, higher inputs due to tarrifs, and
Health insurance is a total mess,..all are these
Are at Trump's feet

Sorry, the truth hurts....so are the chest pains
I get.

I'm sorry, but it's personal to me
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

You can’t lay health care at Trump feet. It goes back to the previous pres. one could argue that congress shares some of the blame
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Elcheapo — it is the environment we created— and still you look for someone else to blame.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Sorry claton, it was his signature on the paper. Granted the fool's they call Republicans didn't
He matters.
Ever notice nothing is Trump's fault ????
SW... sorry, I didn't create this situation.
I didn't sign the papers that killed the trade
Deals, or put the tarrif in place, or what killed
The Insurance...
If you sign it you are responsible...
But trump never was responsible
As his wives
His kids
His business partners

The American people
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

El  -  Ask  your  Congressional  Senate  or  House  Rep .  if  they  have  health  insurance   or   Medicare,  and  see if  they  stumble  through  a  response  like  the  one's  to  your  north - - -

The  retiring  Supreme  Court  Justice  will  receive  a  pension  of  $255,000. oo , /  year - - -

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

That was great retirement ......... back in the day   Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------

on the question can we talk about it .......... IT.

This question kind of slides into "Anyone getting out of farming?"  ----The answer to that one is yes.......... Way too early to announce who, but the moral the last two weeks, locally has dropped with the markets and the weather beating being handed out.... 

The sw is in a struggle.  The area has been struggling with the late spring and high winds, when the cold broke sping has been 45 days of wind and heat  --Hail storms sunday nite and 100+ heat back on tuesday and wednesday.  probably 70 square miles of hail and 70 mph winds..... They can't get dry land crops planted or weeds killed, yesterday I watched irrigated beans being replanted and next week there will be many circles of corn replanted to something in an attempt to survive this mess.

One young guy (probably approaching 50 years old) told me yesterday, they had the same two years ago and made 150 bu corn through insurance then cut a pretty good replacement crop........ planted this late...  Insuring the farm made that a loosing proposition.. but it sounds good in sound bites.

So my point is with all the government and legal teeth in farming there will be folks getting out.  And there will be a few that take the quick way out.  Whether we talk about it is irrelevant.    Talk is very likely a placebo.  Folks tend to avoid responsibility if possible.....  Most drive by .

------------------------

The point was ---- The mood is bad and deteriorating...and disliking a politician will not fix it.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

POINT  BEING  -  we  hear  from  the  ' ' experts  ' '  we  need  to  save,  conserve ,  plan  etc. etc. etc. - then comes the the real story of a $255 K  retirement salary

for life  after  all of  the  hand  wringing -  speech's  of  fiscal  deficits , budget shortfalls  ? 

Guessing  the  reason's  for  leaving  the  Sunflower governors post  for a  Christian  Ambassador Post , being somewhat  fi$cal  decision - with  a  supposed  $6 million budget,  could  help with the stress of the needy -  maybe ?     

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Usda waists way more than 255k per year on keeping each county office open way past useful life....   I don't think we are going to sink if we pay a retired chief justice 225K.

It must not be enough, they never seem to retire unless the bitter end is near.

I listen to their cases and read opinions occasionally.  I am mostly impressed with the work of a rag-tag team of political appointees.  They don't seem to need their hands in corporate pockets like senators do.  

Compare what the US spends on justice retirements with what we spend on just one political campaign....... I don't think we are going to right the ship making them work until death.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

No idea on the former governors finances but Sebelious departure was pretty obvious..   I think a city commissioner is dead bottom.  A free donut would induce retirement from that.  Smiley Happy

People complain constantly....the more they get help the more they complain.

0 Kudos