cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Reader

Cash Rent

Jump to solution

What is a fair price for renting a  level dry land  farm in Nebraska?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Senior Contributor

Re: Cash Rent

Jump to solution

I'd call the local county extension agent. I believe Nebraska conducts a survey every year.  That would give you a range and a ballpark.  From there, I'd talk to bankers, lenders, farmers and whomever would talk to me.  Probably won't get much that way, though.  And, of course, talk to the owners to see what they are asking.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

I'd call the local county extension agent. I believe Nebraska conducts a survey every year.  That would give you a range and a ballpark.  From there, I'd talk to bankers, lenders, farmers and whomever would talk to me.  Probably won't get much that way, though.  And, of course, talk to the owners to see what they are asking.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Contributor

Jump to solution

i farm in nebraska and i farm all dryland.  asking around does help like the last post said, but a lot of times you might not get real square answers.  i would say it depends a lot on where you are in the state.  if you are in central or western nebraska where rain is a little more sparse it wont be nearly as high priced as the east side of the state where i am at.  also depending on your county it varies a little bit.  so i guess i would be curious as to where you are in the state to even give a price guess.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

Local market has gone upside down, over $200/ac for ground that will be lucky to break 130 bu on a  good year.   and he rented it away from a guy whos family had been farming for the last 30 years or so. 

My advice dont' ask that guy cause it won't be for rent tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Senior Reader

Jump to solution

BEEN OFFERED $112 AN ACRE. This farm is very level and black soil.  Will wait and see what comes forth.

thanks for all replies!

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

Call a couple of land management companies for their opinion---just to test the water--won't cost much and you are under no obligation -

0 Kudos