cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Census Due In One Week

Have you submitted your agriculture census yet?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Census Due In One Week

Wonder how many census employees will be laid off due to the thinning AG population counts ?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Turned mine into the wood stove.

Helped to heat the house for a bit.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jim I endured the usual profiling questions ........ what is your sexual identity, what race are you,  etc etc etc 15% of the questions...

and I even lasted through the financial questions........ There are IRS audits that are less intrusive...  but as someone says the farm population continues to fall and job justification needs to become financial to make usda look like a worthwhile career..... the bigger numbers theory...

I gave them the income statement stuff although I have no idea why....... I guess one discriminating process of  baring folks for too much income Ieads to bureaucratic judgement on the age of tractors and expense details of fertilizer applications and whether that poop came from a cow or a third party provider.  USDA must be overstaffed.

But on the last two pages when they are asking me to appraise the value of the crop share rent bushels sold or not sold by land owners that lease to this entity ............. I haven't got a clue   

And then go as far as to expect an appraisal of the value of the land leased by the entity...    Impossible to give an accurate answer to those questions...

We are well on our way to loosing eligibility for not being diverse enough in something or not having renewable energy located on our acres.  Awhole page on renewable energy ------ if government can't pour 300million into a C ethanol plant and make it economically viable or has to subsidize the covering of the high plains with pinwheels to mark the implanting of tons of concrete that will never be cleaned up.  Looks like a gigantic grave yard....... so lets block usda programs for someone who hasn't agreed to permit the fad on their property???

It sound more and more like social engineering for farmers is what is important.   Bureaucracy  alskdgfhaslkjhaslikfgh

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I finished my survey a couple weeks ago. I answered the questions in regards to my farming operation, but did not share financial information. When asked how much my farming operation made, I answered $0. At the end of the survey it ask's for comments, I wrote that asking for financial information was an invasion of privacy! 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Here is a summary of the 2011 oil industry subsidies compiled by Taxpayers for Common Sense in its report, "Subsidy Gusher."

• Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit - $31 billion.
  • Intangible Drilling Costs - $8.9 billion.
  • Oil and Gas Royalty Relief - $6.9 billion.
  • Percentage Depletion Allowance - $4.327 billion.
  • Refinery Equipment Deductions - $2.3 billion.
  • Geological and Geophysical Costs Tax Credit - $698 million.
  • Natural Gas Distribution Lines - $500 million.
  • Ultradeepwater and Unconventional Natural Gas and other Petroleum Resources R&D - $230 million.
  • Passive Loss Exemption - $105 million.
  • Unconventional Fossil Technology Program - $100 million.
  • Other subsidies - $161 million.
  • Here is a recap of the SW  fore mentioned social of a  few    
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I agree.  I just put a X over the financial part of the survey.  Giving that info to my tax man is enough.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

What a wonderful example 289,,,,,  The glorious missinformation that could be gleaned from the financial information part of the census...

Quite obvious that Taxpayers for Common Sense .......... Haven't got any.

It is disturbing that the government thinks they can save the economy by drowning it in cheaper dollars, but a lot of the stuff on that list are tax deductions not subsidies...  Is this organization that stupid or does it just think we are...??

Liken this statement to "those farmers are subsidized by taxpayers for allowing them to deduct the cost of corn seed from their federal taxes."

Now that we are all ignorant enough to rely on technical "equipment" to assist our thinking, (the google search has replaced the library). The struggle is and has been to be the one that enters history and redefines terms for the new information system...

Taxpayers for common sense.......... that is very funny in itself......  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Census reporting has always carried the slogan - it's  your local, rural, interest's of political standing - I'm looking at increasing tax liabilities year after year I guess some could - would label this as ''some kind'' of news - - -

As far as anyone getting the short end of the stick , ag, oil, energy, military, entitlements, plenty of defendants on that docket with a cookie jar running on (empty)  and or un-drainable  swamp  tsunami ---

Got your  '' first class '' airline ticket purchased YET ? ?     

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Compared to the information usda considered importing in the 1960's or 70's------ with that heavy concern for supply and stability.....and quality in product and trade ............. this "census" has a lot of swamp weed hanging from it.

0 Kudos