Wed
5/8
Thu
5/9
Fri
5/10
Sat
5/11
Weather Condition Thunder Storms Thunder Storms Thunder Storms Thunder Storms Thunder Storms
Weather Thunder Storms Thunder Storms Thunder Storms Thunder Storms Thunder Storms
Temperature (°F)
Low/High
51/73 55/78 57/68 52/71 49/65
Feels Like (°F)
Low/High
51/76 55/79 57/68 52/76 44/65
Dew Point (°F) 50 53 53 49 41
Humidity (%) 59 59 69 56 51
Wind Speed (mph) 16 10 14 10 15
Precipitation
Chance
(%)
57 77 80 80 38
Precipitation
Amount
(inches)
S=Snow, L=Liquid
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Evapo-
transpiration

(inches/day)
0.18 0.18 0.14 0.16 0.17

I know you all need the rain to cease so you can get rolling, but this is a welcome sign for Central Kansas.  Rain forecasted for the next 5 days, and I hope we get an inch each day.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Central Kansas 5 Day Forecast

I feel for you, Shagg. We need ten days of dry weather to spray fields and plant beans. I think folks have given up finishing corn acres. I walked fields this morning and they are black on top. And to think last year we only received 4 inches through September last year.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Received .85" last night with some small hail. Appears that hail was small enough not to do any damage to the wheat crop. The rain was welcomed, I hope we get the same amount every day for the next 10 days. I know most of you are cussing and kicking for the rain to go away, but in this area our drought is only relieved for the short term. Hope you all get just the weather your needing.

PS, you can row the corn at 60MPH, so this shower should really give it a boost.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Shaggy...you cultivating ?????  or just driving by ????  lol   John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Good one JC, not much cultivation for me, 100% no-till. Haven't turned any dirt in over 2 years. I'm relying on my chemical program and so far so good.

Just driving by to get to one of my wheat fields to check hail damage. I admit, rowing at 60 is nice, but I slowed to about 35 on the return trip and looked even better. No-tilled all corn into standing milo stalks with the exception of one field and that went into wheat stubble. Kind of my own little test plot. The wheat stubble had substantially more moisture at planting time so I'm curious how it will pay out. Of coarse, this means one of my milo fields will be milo on milo, so anything gained might just be a trade off.

Not sure if you've noticed any of the pics I've been posting, but I'm planning on a few more hopefully Friday. 3 different crops, oats, wheat and corn. In another month, hopefully be able to add milo to the mix.

Have a great day. Shaggy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Shaggy.....Yes , I do like the pictures !!! Got to figure out how to do that . Good to see how other areas look.

Sometimes up here in Nort. Cent Wi. we get lost in the trees !!!!! This is dairy country but corn and beans are expanding in acres and will back off when prices drop and dairy improves.

I feed for a 275 cow dairy [ my day job ] and cash crop a few acres [corn , beans , oats and hay] Have a good one !!! Hope you catch some more of the rains.

Have not turned a wheel here......way to wet and sky clouding up as I type..   Hoping for statt by the 15th or so.    John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'm sure the picture thing is easier than I make it, but I'm still having some issues with my IPad and this site. What I usually do is take pictures with my smart phone and email them to my desktop PC and upload them from there. I'm probably adding a couple of unneeded steps to the process, but it works for me. Hey, if it's not broke don't fix it. Have a good one.

PS, were Ina T-storm watch again until 2300 central time. Maybe we can add to our .85" from last night.
0 Kudos