cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-289
Senior Advisor

China Stops receiving International Garbage

As of January 1 , 2018  China will no longer accept cargo's of  USA scrap plastic,paper, and textiles accounting for 1/3 of the 180 million tons of the worlds tonnage imported annually ---

The article in '' Bloomberg Business '' stated 40,000 US jobs could be affected -although garbage is piling up --- 

During the ''mid 2000'' time frame this product accounted for one of the largest volumes of US exported ''' products''' lines ? ?

I noticed several news sites reported on this , '''' I don't  reCaLL '' all of them ---         

0 Kudos
2 Replies
thomasrobe2151765
Contributor

Re: China Stops receiving International Garbage

think it is a right decision

0 Kudos
leonardheryford
Contributor

Re: China Stops receiving International Garbage

I think that all the products produced from scrap plastic, paper, and textiles accounting, should be interdicted all around the world. I mean that it would e right to interdict using these materials in production. Of course, it is not that easy, and it is impossible to interdict them instantly, but having a long-term strategy, it may be possible to replace scrap plastic, paper, and textiles accounting with other materials. I also have a small furniture manufacture, and we have a lot of wood scrap, but I collaborate with a company that recycles the rubbish. Even though I have no economical advantages from this, it is cool that they recycle the rubbish. If you want, you can find more about the company I am talking about by checking their site: https://mobileskips.com.au/brisbane.

0 Kudos