cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Chinese investors buying farmland?/North-Central Iowa Farmland

Retire from what Fairy Tale, FarmVille is a PC game. Continuing to roll on the floor.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Chinese investors buying farmland?/We better learn Chinese!!!!

Say BaDeere, rumor has it that the 2 Chinese characters that have been hanging out in North-Central Iowa bought the below farm the other day.It was on auction as 3 tracts and they bought all 3. The dirt quality is just average, below 80 CSR Rating, but still capable of 200+bu yields in normal weather crop years. The Chinese sale is listed below:

********************************************************************************************************************

9/04/2103

236� Acres, Franklin County, Iowa, were sold at auction on Wednesday, September 4, 2013, at the Latimer Community Center in Latimer, Iowa.� For additional information, please contact Jeffrey Obrecht, Agent, at (641) 648-5065 

Total: $2,588,400

Tract 1: $11,100/A

Tract 2: $10,900/A

Tract 3: $10,900/A

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: Chinese investors buying farmland?

Are you really sure you understand who your dealing with??
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Kay,

You can go online and find out what your Chinise name would be.  Of course, there are many variables, including gender, date of birth, attribute and character.  Your name could be Wu Kong Yi but of course I didn't know all the info to put into the template.  

It might behoove you to establish your own name and tell Smithfield so they can address their mail properly.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

You may have the inside track won hung lo!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Fun! Actually, I got Wu Ning ning, using my real first name.

As for Smithfield, a couple of guys there know me pretty well. Larry Pope is from here.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

eems Larry is the big winner---

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

If they want somethig that bad, supply theeir demand.  Foreign purchasers of  US have nade many many errors.

Why are they not buying Chinese land and imporving  its productive use.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Probably. Good they have told us growers we all have a bright future ahead! All of us old country kids can benefit.
0 Kudos