cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Chipotle and bioterrorism

That final sentence puts it all in perspective.      "Food at the store doesn't taste like food out of the garden or animals that we raise."

Unfortunately people believe that stuff.  

k-289
Senior Advisor

Unfortunetly  people believe that stuff  ,  kinda  like - tax cut - conservative - check off - feed the world  ???

Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

All I have seen so far is wild speculation, conjecture and accusation in the blogosphere.  None of it helps Chipotle look more credible. 

0 Kudos
hardnox
Advisor

No I haven't.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit- the palyers are well known to have an elaborate dirty tricks department.

But at present I know of no evidence to the effect. such a matter would be easy to do and very difficult to detect after the fact.

belarus
Senior Contributor

The site shut me down from replying. I guess I'll go away peacefully. Good bye everyone. Thanks for the lively and professional discussion. I'm not going to find a new device each time I want to reply.
0 Kudos
smokeyjay
Advisor

The difference between so called "big ag" finding E. coli and Chipotle is the products are withdrawn and corrections made before illnesses show up. The glaring exception is Blue Bell ice cream where, much like Chipotle, their management culture ignored the warning signs and failed to make changes. But even then, they paid a price for their poor behavior. What has happened to Chipotle's corporate culture, other than a drop in stock price?  Anyone?

0 Kudos
smokeyjay
Advisor

Chipotle put a bullseye on their own back by attacking agriculture. Did they even not think by doing so sets the bar even higher for their own brand of food production?  They just found out that it's much more difficult to follow through than to make unsubstantiated, unscientific claims and believe people are fooled into accepting it without checking them out. 

0 Kudos
smokeyjay
Advisor

Anecdotal evidence is insufficient in proving a notion as fact. That's the foundation of Chipotle's philosophy. "Farmed and Dangerous " is based on innuendo and supposition, mixed with hearsay and questionable studies. Their whole marketing and public relations strategy depends on it. It's not a sound foundation for long term success. At least it should not be. Depends on the gullibility of consumers. 

0 Kudos
smokeyjay
Advisor

"Real" food versus other food creates the impasse here.  

0 Kudos
hardnox
Advisor

Disclaimer- I have absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever.

But I have mused over the fact that in two recent livestock health epidemics- in pork and in poultry (eggs in particular) the mega-operations that happened to not be affected were rewarded with record windfalls.

Just something to think abut when we talk "Food Security" in our present business structure.

It isn't a free market as Adam Smith described it and the darker incentives aren't exactly in the public's interest.

0 Kudos