cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Clemson Baseball Wins a Pair of Midweek Games as Season Ends

Clemson 12 Presbyterian 0All season we heard concerns about Clemson bats, so seeing the Tigers open up a can on Presbyterian was extremely refreshing. Davis Sharpe went yard twice and while giving up six hits Clemson pitching held to Blue Hose to no runs on the night Trevor Lawrence Jersey. Jackson Lindley went 5.0 innings, giving up just three hits and striking out five. The bullpen combined to strike out five and gave up three hits over the final four innings. Clemson opened the game up with a five run first and never looked back. Clemson 3 Winthrop 2After the NCAA announcement today, barring some unlikely changes, this was the last time you will see the 2020 Clemson Tigers baseball team play. What funny is this was a game that I personally wasn that excited about. With all the basketball conference tournament games going on, I was doing a bit of flipping between games, wishing Clemson would make easy work of Winthrop so I could watch basketball. But things didn go that way. It was a night where offense was scarce and Winthrop took our Tigers to the bottom of the ninth, leading 2-1. Davis Sharpe then hit one to short with Sam Hall at second https://www.cletigersshop.com/Trevor_Lawrence_Jersey-192. It looked as if Sharpe legged out a single before the ball arrived but the throw went high of the Winthrop first baseman, allowing the speedy Sam Hall to score. Things looked to be rolling for the Tigers before Sharpe got caught in a pickle between first and second with two outs https://www.cletigersshop.com/Aidan_Swanson_Jersey-211, ending the ninth. The Eagles and Clemson would need two more innings to decide things. Elijah Henderson doubled with one out in the eleventh. A Kier Meredith single put him on third, and then Hall was walked to juice the bases. Sharpe struck out, bringing on Chad Fairey with two outs. Fairey ripped a deep shot to right field that just was out of reach of the outfielder, allowing Henderson to score and giving Clemson the 3-2 win.

0 Kudos