cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Congress Preview: Big decision on farm bill/ Shaggy

You just opened your own can Fairy Tale. 2-3 hired men, keep talking this is getting good. Please share the rest of your knowledge. ROTF

I told you I have no knowledge of custom operations, I do my own work. Hello McFly, anybody in there? Do you even read my replies or do your custom guys do that for you too?

160 acres if that's what you think I've got than I'm happy if you are. We've now set the size of my operation, let the truth be known of your?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Be advised that there are individual farmers farming 2000 with little to no help. Some with the help of their spouse or their son or daughter. Or some hired truckers at harvest time.

I don't think you can visualize how much some of these guys do and some pile on livestock as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

My ten cents worth, and to point out what I'm sure is obvious to everyone else reading this, neither of you when poking at each other are asking questions that even deal with the legitimacy issue. Whether rsw is faking his operation isn't going to be revealed by his not knowing something about arcane mechanical things. I'm considering the custom farming option mostly so I wouldn't have to know that. I'm not standing up for his veracity at all, but the kinds of things he posts are the kinds of things I would expect of someone who doesn't step in the field much, but does know the numbers and the talk pretty well. And the idea that shaggy should know custom charging practices makes even less sense. 

For rsw, I think your lack of responsiveness works against you here. I and a couple of others have asked for a few more details when things don't seem quite right, but you never address them. Here's a new one: in your earliest post to me, you were very clear that you pay $150/acre to your operator. But I found a post prior to me being on here where you mentioned you've recently raised the pay to $160. Not that far off, but it just doesn't seem like you'd forget that you're at $160. As I said before, your comments have been really helpful and more to the point than anyone else, but when so many questions go unanswered, it loses something. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Welcome to the Fairy Tale freight train Faraway, it's keeps running with only him aboard. Sorry I got tied up with this clown on your dime. If you check my achieves with this character, I don't think you'll ever find a comment of me saying he wasn't a businessman. A farmer, not a chance, but you've already figured that out just as the rest of us have.

He made a comment a couple days ago about farming being a business but not a lifestyle. If he were a farmer, he'd know that farming is both a business and a lifestyle. However, not ever doing any of his own work he has no emotional attachment therefore he never experiences the lifestyle part of it. To bad for him without a doubt.

All the comments he makes about milking the tax payers for every dime he can and then brag about banking $812 profit/acre is a disservice to both the tax payers and agriculture. This would be where the lack of his knowledge of the lifestyle of the American farmer comes into account.

Take care and didn't mean to rain on your parade.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Congress Preview: Big decision on farm bill/farawayguy

Faraway, as you're looking in the archives check out  to see how RSW did this very wet spring with his custom operators.  You can see how he is bragging up his prevented plant income while his crops did not get planted and his custom operators farmed their personal ground and finished their crops in a timely fashion.  He will dismiss that if his crops did get planted the crop insurance would have guaranteed almost double the income of his prevented plant losses.  Custom farming does have risks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Congress Preview: Big decision on farm bill/ idailived

rsw, I live nw of your farms, in the corner of hancock, winnebago, and kossuth counties. I'm 125 miles from desmoines. I'll inquire about a place in belmond. I'm intrigued with the statement that your son got a scholarship. Must be a good sized private, One of my daughters played four years of small privatecollege basketball at a small school in nw iowa She was most actively recruited by 3 schools. 2 division III and one NAIA. The division 3 schools offer NO athletic scholarships but we were always told that she would get academic money. she chose the naia school. naia allows athletic scholarships, but hers was much less than your son. My sil also played college basketball at the same school, but i have no idea what his athletic aid was. Both received academic aid and the iowa tuition grant, that 80% of instate iowa students receive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

rsw, i was just looking at a hancock county plat book Hancock runs to one mile south of the little town of goodell. south of hancock is wright county and east is cerro gordo. are your farms in these two?/ any in franklin? just curious....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

IDA, I applaud & thank you for taking time out of your schedule to put this guy on the spot.  However, I will be extremely surprised if you ever meet up or if he even replies on this thread again.  He knows we are on to him and also realizes there are feet on the ground in his so called area.  Once again, thanks for extending your effort.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Congress Preview: Big decision on farm bill/ idealized

It occurs to me that anonymity is an important part of the message board, so some ground rules should apply if RSW and IDA meet up. Niether should have their real names given up to the site. IDA can simply verify RSW and his farms. If RSW also brings along a custom farm operator, the drinks are on me - ida can post a picture of the reciept and I'll PayPal it. Also, I think RSW gets credit for farms that may only be in close relatives names so long as he's the the one running the business.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Congress Preview: Big decision on farm bill/ idealized

ok. no problem. this whole thing is gettng out of hand.

0 Kudos