Check from coop..I looked at check and
How much I spent there.....
Oh boy !!!! A whopping 1/2 of 1% !!!

Doesn't that seem low ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Coop return

Depends on what you bought, like chemicals might get bigger return than fuel you bought, boils down to dividend checks you get back just reflect how much the prices they charge were jacked.  Then sometimes they retain dividends to improve grain storage and such and you don`t get anything back. It`s a Pita waiting for 1099s and what little dividend you get just goes to the taxman anyway.  I thought they usually send dividends in the late summer?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

This particular coop does most of the chem/spraying.....or at least they DID....i'm not happy, plus they really rooked me on one chemical.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

It ain't like Social Security where you have people getting back far more than they ever paid in!!Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Coops don`t give you the best deal on chemicals, their application might be reasonable, but they make it up on the price of what they charge on chemicals.  It`s best to spray your own and shop for chems.  But when I see the dividend check in the mail, I think whoopty-do, I give it right to the govt in a couple months anyway and then wait for the 1099 to see how much I`ll be dinged, even if I don`t get a dividend check, it seems like there`s some scam where I end up paying taxes because of them..shoulda never joined, but too late now, maybe I can cash in my shares one day.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA.....I think you intended to say, when the wife cash's in the shares.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Ha, that`s probably true ElCheapo.  I wonder 25yrs from now if our shares in these coops will be worth anything or as fast as everything is moving if they will bleed themselves dry over the next decade or so.   Well, maybe I can claim the "investment" as a "gambling loss"   Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I expect my patronage funds to start rolling in any year now.

0 Kudos