cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Re: Credit

I heard, and cant remember exact story: At the last fed meeting one of the govenors wanted to raise rates to 3 by the end of summer, and higher by year end.  She stated that the economic measures she was watching were improving. 

I think this my be a little fast.  Raising them though painful, has many benefits as well.  It has nothing to do with the banks getting rich though.  They make the same spread either way!  I would think a percent higher by year end atleast.  just a guess though.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Things on the jos front still are entirly too soft...last month's real increase was only 20,000 or so, withe the balance if 420,000 being census workers...government and temporary.  And I do not see "unemployed" peopel takign these jobs around here. Retirees and housewives are the ones I see taking positions, so maybe people getting unemployment are not willing to disrupt their benefits stream. 

Heard that the euro hit a 4-year low this morning, and markets were responding in a negative fashion.  Greece was about to pull the world under a week or two ago.  It is all so unstable....

Heard an interesting analysis a few days ago on NPR, that the G7 is not the really powerful financial body it once was...wondered when someone would say it out loud. 

We are in the middle of a true paradigm shift, and the emerging condition does not place the US on top of the world's heap in many categories of power anymore.  I am not at all sure that we still have enough financial power to turn around a real crisis.  Tiny shifts in key interest rates by the Fed may or may not make the difference they once made...but I think there is a general fear of inflation that may be driving this train of thought.

What do you think? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

i have that same fear, that we are having inflation with out growth. (Stagflation)  I dont think anyone wants to talk about it, since there are not really any good solutions to it.

ive been thinking that interest rates would go up for the last year.  They just keep hanging in there, and proving me wrong. 

We are not out of the woods yet with the economy.  But the first step is to convince the general public (Consumer with $) that the economy is getting better.  Then they will start spending (within their means).  This spending will then re-start the economy.  But like i said we need to convince them that it is better.  Otherwise they will continue holding that $. 

i realize the welfare benefits are most likely keeping the unemployed out of work, and that is a problem with that system.  Extending the benefits is a bad idea, but cutting them hurts a lot of people.  Maybe if cut those people would be willing to take less than ideal jobs just to put food on the table. 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re:interesting.

A thought.  A person is earning $30 per hour and gets laid off. Jobs with that kind of pay scale may not be readily available. An offer comes in for $15 per hour but we know I am worth more than that. The market has proven that in days past.

Indeed we are are in a market struggle, employer versus employee. Why does the new employer deserve a $30 per hour employee for $15 per hour? There are a lot of folks wish the unemployed were forced to work for less. In fact many folk hate Obama and GMC because GM was not forced into bankruptcy. Why? Because they wanted great harm to come to the united auto workers.

The anti labor passion  is quite strong. Particularly in farm country. What's ironic is that farmers are known for being vigorous negotiators on most everything, but are somehow opposed to labor for expecting the same right.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: Re:interesting.

What you need to do is buy Gold, Silver, and productive farmland.

All of the high paying jobs $15 to $30/hour have been shipped to foreign countries.

Search You-Tube for Peter Schiff, Jim Rogers, Robert Kyosaki, Gold and Silver.

Gold and Silver blasted off in price today while most other commodities and metals fell.  Including Corn and Beans unfortunately.

If you want to make fast 'flash cash'.  Buy Silver - cause many suggest on the You-Tube it's been artificially manipulated by the Fed and others to make the dollar currency and bonds hold up in value.  There is suppose to be a 'class action filed' against the Fed this week because the big banks have 'naked shorted Silver' up to 300 million ounces which is greater than the entire worlds annual production by many years.  Silver trades at $17 oz (up $1 today) and will likely go parabolic to $75/oz this summer some suggest.

Rather than worry about high paying jobs disappearing and low grain/soybean prices I recommend hedging some physical silver and CBOT/Comex too.  Pretty good chance it's going up and thank the Fed and JP Morgan for keeping it at a steal price..

0 Kudos
Contributor

Here is an article from 'The Street.com' that basically explains what has been happening in the Silver and Gold markets.

Could be the reason Gold and Silver went parabolic today.  Prices are still a steal.  If this manipulation is true Silver is a steal thanks to the big banks namely JP Morgan and Fed.  JP Morgan inherited massive Silver short position through the acquisition of Bear Stearns in 2008.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10774270/1/price-manipulation-in-gold-and-silver.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Any time a commodity is at all time highs it has much more opportunity to go down than up.  without reading into the fundamentals.  I'm not arguing your position.