cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Cultural question

I hope there is no implication that there is a double standard - that it is OK, even progressive, for female farmers to interact with male ag industry reps but it is not OK for men to interact with female ag industry reps.  It would be ironic if women pushed to be accepted in the business and then put down other women trying to achieve the same objective.

The idea of anything untoward going on in a combine cab is too bizarre to contemplate.  Wioth one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the control lever and eyes on the row, what is one going to do?  

Honored Advisor

I don`t think that the concern some wives might have of a hot 20-something female being "physical" with their past middle-age husband in a dusty combine cab is the issue.  There`s what could be considered an "emotional affair" where the husband is getting too much emotionally fed by being around another female.  Some husbands that have affairs aren`t "physical" but rather a emotional comfort, that may be missing at home, or perhaps the wife would see it that way.

The hot 20-something sales rep knows that she`s eye candy, she`s there to sell her agricultural products, the husband under the protection of "equal rights, womens rights and political correctness" is all for it  Smiley Happy    But when the neighbor drops by to chat and rib him about "who was the hottie I saw you with in the combine cab the other day???  wink wink nudge nudge "   then the political correctness goes out the window and the high school locker-room banter begins. 

I know I`m probably giving away "man secrets" here, but I don`t think we ever were fooling anyone, us men are hound dogs  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

We hear a lot about " post racist" America, but have to admit that ugly racism persists.  I don't think it is one bit different in what ought to, by now, be " post sexist" America.  Yet, yes, Jim, double standards still arise all over the map.

I honestly feel in my deepest thoughts on this subject that the young ladies are giving their best, most professional job performance.  I also honestly feel that the companies that hire them very likely know there is some level upon which gender dynamics play to the compsnies' advantage.  I see it as a corollary to the drug rep system engaged in by pharmaceutical companies.  One or two of them might just be one snd the same.  

As I said, my " dog" isn't in this fight...but, just to illustrate...would any of you guys talk to or about those cuties that way to their face? 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well the afirmative action pendulum has swung the other way and as far as 'racism" we see "reverse racism" in which the most qualified candidates are punished if they don`t fit the mold.  Boys will always be boys, and hottie salesladies will always have a unspoken advantage from every straight farmer that isn`t sight impaired.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

BINGO!  

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

BA - salesladies will always have a unspoken advantage from every straight farmer that isn`t sight impaired - So is that like guys like me that wear contacts - glasses ??? Or are you saying - like Stevie Wonder type impaired ? Just wondering  where I fit in here - Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

over here with me  ---- socially impaired.......... have a seat...ecin  Smiley Happy

I think the irritation from this conversation, for me.  Other than the fact it gets totally off subject.  Is the implication that the steriotypes thrown out by the PC crowd(usually to get the government to do something or whip up votes) are so ingrained that we repeat them without thinking them through.

I here them but what I see with my eyes is something different.  Women and Racism,,,, we hang our political hats on those two issues and it brings out votes, but both are reaching near myth stages unless we are talking about early in the previous century.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hey Ken, I was thinking "Stevie Wonder" sight impaired, but with some coyote bait out there maybe less than 20/20 vision is a plus...I am sooo bad, sorry everyone Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHJlWzKeFHU

Sometimes a sweet voice also trips your trigger too and is harder to say no to.  They say 911 dispatchers are usually female, because male cops pay more attention to the female voice...Oh God, we don`t stand a chance!  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos