cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Custom corn bagging

Thinking about hiring someone to custom bag some corn. Anyone have a good resource for finding a custom operator willing to travel to my area? Not many farms in my immediate area. And even when you get farther north, where there are more farms, I'm not familiar with any one having a bagger.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: Custom corn bagging

Try contacting a dealer who sells the equipment, for a referral?
0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

I think that's a good idea.

I'm interested in pondering the thing- whether it might have the potential for a good custom enterprise for a young farmer.

Don't know anything about rates, capacity, portability and logistics in general. There are people doing it for elevators but in that application there would be a very steady flow and a predictable, high volume. Not sure about on-farm.

0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

The elevators that are bagging that I'm aware of are taking previously received corn/beans out of permanent storage to make space. Which would make it a more predictable and schedualable operation.

Probably have to do the same with on farm- cna't see waiting around while the combine breaks down.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I will sometimes use a dealer locator function on a manufacturer's website, to get me to the closest dealer for questions of this nature. I imagine stuff has to be reliably dry to bag, without risk of spoilage...
0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

I sent emails to a couple machinery dealers that sell tje baggers. Maybe I need to find dealers of the plastic bags.
0 Kudos