cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Dioxins in German food

Many look at China as a high risk of contamination but Germany apparently has a problem too.

What will this do to consumer confidence in North America?

German authorities have stopped more than 4,700 farms from selling their meat and eggs amid a growing scandal over animal feed contaminated with cancer-causing chemicals that is also affecting exports.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2011/01/07/dioxin-germany-sales.html#ixzz1AMH4NUa8

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Dioxins in German food

Oh #$%^,

I thought that the weinerschnitzel that my wife fixed last night tasted kinda funny.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Let's see dioxins from Europe or Chinese milamine milk----wow what a selection---what can we trade for this ? ?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

The Germans don't have as much authoirty in their USDA and FDA equivalents.  When I was stationed in Germany in the early '80s there was a big scandal because a bunch of sausage had kangaroo meat in it.  Over time, Ive noticve enough issues that I am less than fully impressed with German food safety.  I think the deal is that whereas in the U.S., violaters seem to try to get away with not quite living up to the standards, in some parts of the world they seem to deliberately be willing to adulterate food products.  While neither is defensible, the one who conscioulsy adulterates the food with some foreight substance grates on my nerves a bit more.

0 Kudos
Advisor

PCB's?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

NW I wouldn't wish that on anybody again!

0 Kudos