cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Disgusting Iowa Press interview

I`m not ready to tear a picture of Farm Bureau president Craig Hill in half and state "Not my president!"  but I`m really close after this whine and moan cession.   The other guy, former head honcho of the Pork Producers, never did represent me being a "Hog Farmer".  So his blah blah blah didn`t register with me, but I am disappointed with Craig Hill.

http://www.iptv.org/iowapress/  

Trade War Between the U.S. and China

Trade War Between the U.S. and China

April 6, 2018 | 28 min

Tough trade talk could have dramatic consequences as President Trump's moves on China escalate. But Iowa's farm economy could be caught in the crosshairs. We sit down with the Iowa Farm Bureau's...

0 Kudos
21 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Disgusting Iowa Press interview

Most of those "special interest" leaders are just collecting "Lobby" fees and still believe the only money in farming is a subsidy....

It is what you get when they asked your opinion too often and start believing you have answers.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I`m one of those guys that wears "Farm Bureau underwear"  I don`t always agree with everything the Farm Bureau stands for and I understand there can be regional differences, especially with the national American Farm Bureau.  But Craig Hill really sucker punched me to the gut on this interview.

What I mean is, if I`m a Chinese trade negotiator, Craig Hill`s interview is EXACTLY WHAT I`D WANT TO HEAR.  We apparently are not showing a unified front.   If I have to choose between America`s interests and the Iowa Farm Bureau`s, I assure you it is no contest, America first!

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Hopping  INTO  bed,  short  time  rewards,  are  soon  lost  luster  when  reality  sets  IN ---

Worried  about   increased  costs  of  steel  for  hog  buildings, really ---

The real  tears  appeared  when  effects  on  rural  communities,  interesting  points, why now ?

KEEP  those  Check off $$$$ coming,  and  membership due$  up  to  date, and farmers really don't want reimbur$ement$ , cause the  $$$ not  there,  S N L comedy  material ---

I about forgot the health ins., last topic ---    

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Senior Advisor

The left is taking Trumps tough talk hook, line and sinker. Trump has done business in this manner for decades. Then again, don't a lot of businessmen talk tough for negotiation. If you want to negotiate seed, fertilizer or land rent, it won't do you any good if nobody believes you will actually take your business elsewhere. This is no different, just on a larger scale.  

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Ag   the  easy  target ,  to  win  D. C. the votes of Ohio  &  Penn. are the swing ,  RED states of  N Dakota , S Dakota, Kansas , Wyoming , Nebraska  are  way less meaning full ---

The  ''' I ''' farm states being the puzzler,  although last minute, campaign whimsical con servative tactics, seem to sooth the hand wringing ---

Sure is a lot of help wanted ads from the packing plant groups, as of late ?                  

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Watching some  Major  League  Baseball  games, with  Doosan  ( Korean )  Heavy  Equipment being a major ad sponsor ---

Baseball  =  Apple Pie  &  Doosan  -  maybe heavy equipment won't be tariff -ededed , just steal coils, rounds, & flats ?  ?  ?

Traden  pork   for  heavy  equipment - interesting  for  J D  &  Cat  maybe ? ?       

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I just heard Lindsey Graham on "This Week with George Stephanopolis" Martha Radish was interviewing him and even he is on board with Trump`s tough trade talk with China.  Even though short term it may hurt Graham`s North Carolina`s BMW plant,  Graham recognizes that "China has to feed 1.2 billion people EVERY DAY...although China`s totalitarian society people can`t vote, but they can grumble if their pork is too high.  China`s economy is weak and they need us more than we need them".

I`m agreeing whole heartedly with Lindsey Graham!...I know it`s cold out, but did hades freeze over?   🙂

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Wonder if Lindsay will show up at the   NPPC   Congressional  Ba con  Festival  in  D  C  on April  11  ?  ? 

Discussion  could  get  lively as he refers to  North Carolina   B M W  plant ,   maybe  he  doesn't  recall  about  the  Smithfield  operations  there ?  

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

ALSO,  keep  in  mind  the  phrase  '''  Unknown  Destination  '''   on export  &  inbound  vessels can be  VERY  interesting topic ,   G R A Y  matter  area ---

0 Kudos