cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Here`s your chance AgJudge.

Hey SW, Nixon was the one that left this flaming bag of dog manure on our doorstep. We seemed to muddle through okay with a powerful federal agency with vague powers, but now we have a wealth redistribution is it regime in power that puts teeth in all these outfits. Now we have to put on our knee pads and beg for our survival, this should've been nlpped in the bud back when we had Reagan in.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: OK

The indians didn't drill a well to have the best water in the state,  only to have it contaminated by Nitrates, Ecoli and other agricultural nasties.

Not ONE single farmer can defend what they have done to our and MY water supply and THAT is precisely what the EPA will hear.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Once more AgJudge, what's specifically wrong with your water? Are you sure you didn't just read the DesMoines Register and get alarmed and start buying water, you need to get it tested to know what specifically you're dealing with, its free, your water might not be that bad. If it has "rotten egg smell" you just need to shock it with bleach.

But you're down in hillbilly country of Audabann county, lotta them counties got rural water, for some reason they never had good water. But for all we know you got a cistern and there's frogs peeing in your water.....until you get it tested.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Now , Now , Now NAJ -- What about all them soaps your Mother use to use to wash YOUR cloths with ? Remember the stuff that had Phosphrus in it ?  Wonder why they made them quit putting that in the soap ?? To just shot off the hip like are , you are painting with a broad bush ole buddy - there is a lot more to this than blaming us ( The Farmer ) OR BA ,  with all the problems -

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I dont want fines

Tested positive for extreme levels of nitrates & Ecoli.

The town water smells like Clorox out of the tap so you know it has to be pretty nasty  for that high level of treatment.

( 3 parts clorox to one part dirty water ) Smiley Sad

We don't even need abortion clinics around here, just give them a glass of water.

My home county in the loess hills and we have Culligan ( thank god ) that delivers drinking water to the farm.

I tell the Board of Supervisors DO NOT give out Hog confinment permits.

Fines are NOT  the solution, I don't want  any one to be fined, I want them to be convicted as the felons they are.  No parole.

DO take the above with a grain of salt, but yes I am EVER SO PISSED about having to PAY for water.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

All summer long I have read expert columes about how the nitrogen was leaching - was I mis-informed and then those terraces and grass water ways that  "used " to be in place which are history ?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: I dont want fines

What you need to ask yourself AgJudge is "If I give my blessing to the EPA declaring that even a small puddle a water of the US...will that eliminate my need for Culligan?"   I`ll bet it won`t.  There is nothing that will do for you, 20 years from now, you`ll still need Culligan.

No one hates big hog setups more than me, perhaps if they are the point source of contamination they should be held liable for civil damages?  I don`t know, but yes fines are just their "cost of doing business".

But Nitrates and E Coli sources comes from the wildlife that makes our eyes go fluttery about.  Walk around a lake and look at all the goose poop..a big rain washes it off the shore and into the lake or river, that does eventually end up in the ground water.

Here is just one small example in Rochester Minnesota, affectionately known as "goose poop park"

https://foursquare.com/v/silver-lake-park/4c2a7a3dbbc7e21e66513582 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Ummm no, But What I DO  need to ask myself is did I do everything I possibly could to turn the tide of agricultural deciet, willful pollution & decamination and the 738 other topics on my list. I suggest you do the same.

Brother said gee if we put up a few big units, the money will flow like grain out of a cart and I will be guarnateed a job forever.

I said Hell to the NO on that.  Some things are more important than money, like DRINKABLE WATER !

Oh thanks for the Rochester goose park memory, I took my teenaged nephew there on a nice day away from the hospital. He didn't make it.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Fox " News  "  ???  

LOL   Try again