cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Easier access to farm grants/loans

Hi Farmers!

I'm building a platform called Farm Raise to help farmers unlock grants or loans for their operations (it's like a Turbo Tax for farm funding). This platform will:
  1. Show you grants/loans for which you're eligible and what they entail ($$$ available, your odds of getting the grant etc)
  2. Streamline paperwork into a simple, common application for your favorite funding opportunities
We're launching this summer and would love your thoughts as we design the platform.
Please sign up (for free) at the link below, and we'll let you know when Farm Raise is live!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Easier access to farm grants/loans

what is your expericence in agriculture?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for asking, @sw363535 .  I was raised on an Angus beef cattle farm in Virginia and continue to help my parents raise cattle and chickens out here on our farm in the Shenandoah Valley. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Thanks for the answer..... what a beautiful place to come from.  

Successful Farmer is Iowa based but very tied to large production, at least in the talk format.  Its advertisers and readers are in the great plains/corn belt mindset..... 

That being said a large % of their producers are on a larger scale and well financed (which might mean they already have more debt that they want..... or they have no debt and want to keep it that way....)  But far too often 

We have a few nitch beginners chime in occasionally, but that is a very specialized issue and usda has programs for those.  Do you think there will be a big market share to tap in the midwest?  It seems to me that we don't lack for financing.  But the number of beginning farmers is not what it once was.

0 Kudos