cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Search. How’s yours going?

For all the growers looking for a new piece of equipment, or to anyone that has recently made a purchase, how are you going about your search process? Strictly relying on a salesman? Online website? Mobile app? Newspaper? Magazine? Please be specific.

How is your search process going? Has it been difficult to find exactly what you are looking for? Are you getting few listings or no results? Are you having problems being able to search or filter for your criteria? Are you not able to make comparisons easily?

Any feedback at all would be helpful. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Equipment Search. How’s yours going?

I go to Tractorhouse and Craigslist and the pictures help me determine if it`s driving over and looking at.  And you can text the owner or salesman with questions, seems a text doesn`t put you "on the hook" like seeing them in person   Smiley Happy  20 yrs ago it was looking at classified ads in weekly farm publications, don`t do much of that anymore and if I do, I end up going to their web page for pictures.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. One more quick question.

How would you describe your experience with the TractorHouse app?

- Is there anything you wish you could do that you can’t do?

- Could the search functionality be faster and easier?

- Do you always get the search results you’re looking for?

- Can you compare your favorites?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Can`t think of any improvements to Tractorhouse....maybe they could improve their machinery weight estimates?   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I have purchased several items on bigiron auctions.  Had real good results with that.  I check their listings now and then.  More so if Im looking for something specific.  I have also been outbid on items from time to time.    found an airseeder on machinefinder.com recently and bought it at a substantial discount vs. ordering it new from a dealer. So overall "the internet is my friend."

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Smiley LOL    Good question -- Been a good year we     --- found most all of ours before Christmas... so won't need to buy any.

0 Kudos