cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Erie Skies

Not liking the color or the look or the overall feel of our Central Kansas skies. I know we are in a drought and beggars can't be choosers, but it's not the rain or even the hail that has me worried. Just read that between now and I think Saturday or Sunday certain professional storm chasers are calling for the most severe tornado outbreak since 2011. Everyone please be cautious should you find yourself in the path of one of these potentially deadly storms.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Erie Skies

Once again high and dry. Not even sure why I was worried.
0 Kudos
tree fmr
Advisor

Raining here again. Just what we needed. Now needs to warm up so we can plant. Checked soil temp just before the rain and was 43 at 2 inches. Tile guy was visiting and said they were still hitting frost.
Stay safe!
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Not nearly enough, but I did receive .45" during the night. Hopefully that'll buy us another few days until the next system blows in. Maybe this weekend. I planted 43 acres of covers that were just popping thru yesterday, this moisture should make them come alive now, soils nearly 60F.
0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Shaggy, how close are you to greensburg. My son was looking up wrecked farm machinery on the Internet. I got to the picture of the Deere dealer there. It bothers me more to see real farms and farm machinery tore up than houses. Maybe it's because everybody has houses and only a few of us have farms.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

About 85 miles Buck. I've seen pictures of all that JD equipment, rather sickening.
0 Kudos