cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Robin Hood Kraft

Where do you get that class envy crap. What I am advocating would cost me more not less. With a 5 million exemption I will pay nothing. With alower exemption rate I would pay more. I'm not voting self interest I am voting in favor of the working class that are blessed with taxation on all their income.

Was your GM stock stolen? They saved your butt by infusing money into the firm and saved you from worthless stock.  Now you own stock in acompany that is healing and thriving.

You know taxing me to kill the taliban and then pissing on their bodies is theft also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: one word...fraud

Reminds me of a few yrs ago when a guy in Lacrosse, Wisc. kept his mother in a freezer------He is still behind bars.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Such a confusing thread...

...one person says conceal a death in the family, another says marry your own offspring.  I was thinking the one word was "incest"...and you Midwesterners make fun of us Southerners. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Estate Taxes..Uff Da

http://www.libertyzone.com/Communist-Manifesto-Planks.html   #3 ..do away with inheritance.  I doubt that it will change anyone`s mind that it`s a communist principle, class envy is class envy.  The thing with the class system in America is that anyone can scratch off a winning lottery ticket, invent a better mouse trap, start a pizza chain that sells cheaper, faster tastier pizzas than the rest and move up in the American class system. If a Grandfather sacrifices to start a widget factory, passes it to his son who in turn passes it to the Grandson that keeps the wheels of progress turning and each generation isn`t busted down to zero having to reinvent the wheel at each generation. I`ll tell you flat out I wouldn`t voluntarily leave the government half my estate, if nothing else I`ll hobble off my death bed, go to Vegas and blow everything above what the government would get in tax...I guess that`s just the way I am Smiley Happy     

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Such a confusing thread...

I have never made fun of Southerners Kay, (well I have call southern politicians that like unlimited rice and cotton subsidies "Fog Horn Leghorns" Smiley Happy).   It`s just sad but some folks just have to be explained why "the bald guy it called Curly"  so yes Craig and I are joking...hello is this mic on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Such a confusing thread...

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Have a good weekend young lady.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

You are playing into a monster paradox BA.  The only way it could work for there to be perpetual succession of disobligated ownership by heriditary linkage would be for there to be a monetary system worked out where money was perpetually leveraged and created by fiat in order for the current generation (often, maybe more often than not 3 or 4 existing dependant on the same pieces of equity all at once) to manintain equal standards of living. 

Extreme monerization beyond anyone's imaginatoin would be required in order for subsequent generations to have those standards steadily improve with no one leaving the estate.

The politics you support generally calls for less monetrization.  The entrance of serious consideration of Austrian/neolibertarian thought into the GOP political dialogue makes that even more the case.  You are kind of screwed, to tell the truth.  If it were to stop, deflation would bring you down to where those you disdain are.  If it increases, you're going to have to break it to the kids that they are going to have to figure out a way to make their own way to a greater degree than you'd like for them to have to.  And who knows?  Maybe they would rather. 

Best that I can figure out as to all of this fits for you in real time is that you've got a ton, s**tloads even, more than you ever dreamed you'd have, can't really envision how your brood of descendants  is ever going to manage to come close to replicating  that and have therefore rationalized that the system should be rigged (continue to , actually) so that they won't have to.

And you've got a good number of compadres in that.  In all sorts of enterprises.  Not just production ag.  But a "good number" can still  be small as a part of a greater mass.  What you dream of isn't going to happen.  Neither systemicly nor naturally.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Good point  Smokey  -Corporatism at it's finest was when Mom working 20+ years in the dietition department at the local nursing home---in the boards wisdom the facility decided to opt out of social security and put matching funds into the ""stock market"" retirement account---guess what happens in 2007 and 2008 ---luckily she draws  $475 / month on  SS and some land rent from us and a small amount out of her retirement scavenged account---ask someone who put hard earned assets into this plan about  "deflation" ---the account couldn't be drawn upon until certain age etc.---more regs. than you can shake at stick at and all the agent could explain is luckily you have  "" SS""  and  farm rent as he leaves in his Lexus to play golf---the rest of the folks with city assets that worked with her are pretty much on other assistance or having to sell their home and move to low rent housing having no other option wishing they could pay some "capital gains taxes" ---these folks didn't squander their money but left it up to an "expert"  to watch over it ---Luckily we decided to move wife's  retirement funds to cash in 2007 with the against  "" expert "" advice kicking and screaming all the way--- It seems the word Republic and Democracy are both being redefined---

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

remember me uncle BA? I'm your favorite nephew from indiana---REMEMBER?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Just don't die

If you don't die, you owe no estate tax.  Think of it as just another tax on a forced sale.  Smiley Happy

"In December 1906, President Theodore Roosevelt expressed alarm about the dangerous concentration of wealth and power in the United States and called on the incoming 60th Congress to pass a federal estate tax. Its primary objective, intoned T.R., ``should be to put a constantly increasing burden on the inheritance of those swollen fortunes, which it is certainly of no benefit to this country to perpetuate.'" 

Wikipedia (for whatever value you assign it) has a rather long discussion of progressive taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_tax

Some argue for  progressive taxes in the belieft it takes an amount of money from a rich person that won't hurt them much and gives it to a poor person whom it benefits more ($100 means more to a pauper than a millionaire). 

There are many facets of taxation, aren't there? 

0 Kudos