cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Excuse me, Mr. Trump

All you have to do is look at the stock market and overall unemployment. Overall, the economy (-AG) is in great shape.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The "problem" with ag is $7 corn which broughteth a 2.4 billion bushel supply and a $3 price.  And fill in the blank on whatever other commodity, wheat, soybeans, ect there`s growing pains as demand catches up to supply, had the 2012 "haircut" to supply not occurred, it would`ve happened sooner.  If we`re crying in our soup looking for someone to blame, we need to look in the mirror...it`s "pretzels & beer" too little of one and not enough of the other.  

As far as President Trump, I give him 100% approval, he is draining the swamp and keeping campaign promises, we all knew it wasn`t going to be easy, many have tried and either left DC broken or joined the gang.  History will show, (it may be 50yrs from now but...) like the Founding Fathers, Mr Trump has put his fortune and health on the line for this country and I can not thank him enough.

https://www.bleachercreatures.com/products/make-america-great-again-president-trump-10-plush-figure-...  

image.png

0 Kudos
Advisor

Yep, he drained the swamp alright.  Then refilled it with his own political cronies to do his bidding.  Polls show his die-hard base still supportive, but he is losing ground among key voter groups.  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Smokey, the thing about Mr trump`s "cronies" is they leave me the hell alone!   They don`t raise my taxes, they don`t promise Obamacare will lower my premiums $2500 and force me to buy  only to have premiums double and triple and healthcare quality to slide.  My .30 `06, moldboard plow and pattern tiled farm is safe for my kids if they want it one day.   There was a 8 year period when that wasn`t the case.  America is an exceptional country and we have no obligation to "share" our wealth with the rest of the world and it has been HIGH time we have a leader that expresses our exceptionalism and gets us a FAIR deal with the rest of the world.

This 40+ year old thoughts on America from a great Canadian Gordon Sinclair

http://www.usmta.com/tribute_to_the_united_states.htm   

TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

by Gordon Sinclair, Canadian commentator This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing: America:

The Good Neighbor. Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States. When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it. When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped. The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, war-mongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon-not once, but several times-and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here. When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake. Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those."

Stand proud, America!

0 Kudos
Advisor

Sinclair.....is that the guy whose media conglomerate is purchasing media outlets to further his political opinions?

Hey, Trump made numerous promises he is reneging on as we speak.  During his campaign, he promised to leave social security and medicare alone.  Guess what, his tax reform agenda, second round coming up, deals with spending reductions.  Guess where.

Trump's exceptionalism is going to make us exceptional, for sure.  If he's such a genius, how come he was so naïve regarding an "F-52?"  How come he denies ever saying things he said the day before?  With multiple witnesses to verify he did say it.  How come he professes to be a born again Christian, and yet he describes people he doesn't value coming from Sh*thole countries?  He truly is exceptional.  He says he is ready to participate in immigration reform, and yet he backs away when controversy erupts over his racist comments.  In front of the AFBF crowd, he said nothing about his desire to cancel NAFTA, yet my inside sources now conclude a new agreement is doubtful.  If he is exceptional, he will be responsible for the coming farm crisis, all of his own doing.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Smokey, you mean you don`t think that America has been extremely exceptional and generous to a fault???   Too much really, like Shel Silverstein`s "Giving Tree"

image.png

It`s time we stop stealing away the other countries` "best & brightest" and let them build their "crapholes" into their own super power....right? 

And, c`mon "F-52`s" really??  We`re all adults here, I make mistakes talking and if others can forgive me, I can certainly over look their speaking mistakes.  We know Trump meant "B-52s" and Obama didn`t really mean "57 states".   Those cheap shots of criticism will do nothing to change supporter`s ideology.

Advisor

BA, it points to his illiteracy and lack of due diligence in allowing experts to brief him on these matters.

His errors do not prove his genius, but stupidity and arrogance.
0 Kudos
Advisor

BA, it points to his illiteracy and lack of due diligence in allowing experts to brief him on these matters.

His errors do not prove his genius, but stupidity and arrogance.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I agree that President Trump isn`t articulate or polished, he has to be sharp though, he`s a self made billionaire and achieved it in the cutthroat New York real estate scene.  I halfway think he makes those slips to distract his distractors, which is okay with me, I like this new/old direction that things are moving.  It`s probably too good to be true though and low information voters are gonna be buttered and show up and put a end to these good times.  Smiley Sad  

But I know a guy that has a successful machine shop, invented a tool, has an excavating business, the guy is brilliant no question but talks with the vocabulary of a 4th grader.   He actually is a yuuge Trump supporter.  And a retired elevator manager that has the same repeating pattern of Trump`s, he also is a smart marketer...not that I listen to him, Smiley Happy but he is a smart guy, just repeats his thought in every other sentence.   People do judge by the words you use.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Mr. Sinclair , might need a little fact checking like,  Airbus,  Toyota,  Maersk Lines,  Bombardier, Royal Dutch Shell, Rolex , Swiss Bank, Bank of Cyprus ,the list is somewhat endless & last but not least  '' Bayer ''  ----

Also I'm sure all the folks in Kansas are some what puzzled with the exit of Governor Sam off to Washington to help with the draining operations ---

Business as '' usual '' ? ?  Next opportunity being '' if living ''  Mr. Sinclair could speak on health care, maybe ---           

0 Kudos